R&L | DSR's

Yeah, I got your bad attitude.

Let me tell you something, smartass. I have several regulars who are home-based businesses, and they all love me.

Why? Because I'll deliver their stuff without them having to be there. I call them and let them know it's coming, and they say "Okay. Just leave it in the garage, and I left 10 bucks under the whatever for you. Thanks a bunch". Then I just scribble his initials on the bill and call it a day.

Ha!! Bad attitude...!?!

Bite me!!

NOT ONLY IS THAT FORGERY, IT IS AGAINST COMPANY POLICY TO LEAVE FREIGHT UN SIGNED FOR. i UNDERSTAND YOUR EFFORTS OF GETTING FREIGHT OFF THE TRUCK, BUT DOING THIS WILL EVENTUALLY BITE YOU IN THE ***.

You need to have your customer leave you a note stating that it is ok to leave the shipment without a signature.

If you photocopy a note with a blank space for the pro number & a signature, they can sign in advance. Then you can fill out the pro number when you deliver. SOP at my terminal, but I don't know if management approves or not..

NOT ONLY IS THAT FORGERY, IT IS AGAINST COMPANY POLICY TO LEAVE FREIGHT UN SIGNED FOR. i UNDERSTAND YOUR EFFORTS OF GETTING FREIGHT OFF THE TRUCK, BUT DOING THIS WILL EVENTUALLY BITE YOU IN THE ***.
Yeah, well who asked you?

If I didn't do that I'd be bringing half the stuff back every day. If I talk to 'em and they know it's coming, or they otherwise expect it, no problem.

I won't do it for a non-appointed residential though. You'll run into problems that way.

I have done it too. I was supposed to go find someone to sign the bill after I unloaded and couldnt find them, so i forged the signature. the guy got used to it so I still do it to this day.When I told the dispatcher that no one is ever there to sign, he promised me that someone would be there but there never is.

Playing with fire their slingblade.... That customer that is cool now wont be when something comes up missing....

Then says you took it. I'd cover your axx and get the okay to leave paperwork.

Playing with fire their slingblade.... That customer that is cool now wont be when something comes up missing....

Then says you took it. I'd cover your axx and get the okay to leave paperwork.

Well, you got to be smart about it.

I had a guy once getting some furniture in a flat box. He left a note, but didn't sign it. I wasn't about to be stymied by that. Problem was though, one of the dock idiots drove over it with a forklift. So I called it in as damaged and brough it back. I wasn't leaving that tore up piece of junk for that guy.

The ops mgr was real happy to see that one, especially when he noticed the tire tracks.

Another time, one of my regulars had a shipment coming. I called him like usual, and he said okay, you know what to do. I went to unload it and noticed it got speared by a fork. I called him back and said I don't think you're gonna want this. I'll have to call it in as refused due to damaged.