Yellow | Dual Use Tractors

ace wheel cat said:
Just send all the worn out junk to Atl. ,,,we got no bed runs.
Dual use is old road tracs, we've got a lot of them in Atl.
This dosen't mean they get driven in city / shuttle work, not as long as there are road tracs. to be grabbed up.
This past week they took 3 of the 804 series (2000 model) Volvo tracs off the road, removed side air farings, painted them solid blue, and put them in the city fleet.
Also of note : dock switchers were using the blue Volvos (3 of them) to switch. This way they didn't have to pull the pins, just hit the button.
I don't get it , they still had to get out to take the airline off and dolly down / up.
feel the love brother.:rockon:

dual use-tractors

does Mardots 58 mean the units are used on the road at night & the city during the day???

3 good reasons for using a Blue for Yard!

ace wheel cat said:
This dosen't mean they get driven in city / shuttle work, not as long as there are road tracs. to be grabbed up.
This past week they took 3 of the 804 series (2000 model) Volvo tracs off the road, removed side air farings, painted them solid blue, and put them in the city fleet.
Also of note : dock switchers were using the blue Volvos (3 of them) to switch. This way they didn't have to pull the pins, just hit the button.
I don't get it , they still had to get out to take the airline off and dolly down / up.[/quote
#1 Using a Blue truck for hostling breaks it in faster!! Literally!
#2 The blue tractors reduce the stress of driving in the yard because they have a jake brake.
#3 The Companys liability is obviously higher in the yard; As opposed to the street were you might hit a family car.
Now you understand; and can see,:confused: the only logical place for a blue truck is in the yard!!:realmad:

3 good reasons for using a Blue for Yard!

ace wheel cat said:
Also of note : dock switchers were using the blue Volvos (3 of them) to switch.
This way they didn't have to pull the pins, just hit the button.
I don't get it , they still had to get out to take the airline off and dolly down / up.
#1 Best use of a new tractor is as a yard goat; because this breaks them in quicker! Literally
#2 Using a Blue tractor reduces the stress of driving in a yard; Because the blues have Jake Brakes.
#3 The company liability is obviously higher in the yard, insted of the the road were you can run over a family car?

JustPaul_1 said:
#1 Best use of a new tractor is as a yard goat; because this breaks them in quicker! Literally
#2 Using a Blue tractor reduces the stress of driving in a yard; Because the blues have Jake Brakes.
#3 The company liability is obviously higher in the yard, insted of the the road were you can run over a family car?
Jake Brake?

JustPaul_1 said:
While I never use them, aren't they exhaust brakes?

serta said:
While I never use them, aren't they exhaust brakes?
Kind of a "fake jake". They made a little noise, nothing like the big riggers, and did nothing to slow you down unless you were bobtailing. Waste of money in my humble opinion.

I used the "fake brake" comming down Fancy Gap. Least I didn't burn the brakes off of the trailer...........right Toxic?!:biglaugh: DS.

Docksteward said:
I used the "fake brake" comming down Fancy Gap. Least I didn't burn the brakes off of the trailer...........right Toxic?!:biglaugh: DS.
Right DS.....:smilie_132: I want a real jake break like the big riggers.... And a CB antenna like I was deep sea fishing...:hide: