FedEx Freight | Dumb move by bean counter

BigBull69

TB Lurker
Credits
So can anyone tell me. Why the company is listening to the idiots. About the fuel mileage on trucks and how they are moving them around. For instance one of our single screws on p&d gets 11.5 mpg. Because it just pulls a 28ft lift gate. Average 10000 lbs. They took a new tractor off of line that pulls triples at 50000 lbs. Of course they are not going to get the same mpg. But that truck that gets 11mpg. Will get 5.6 in a week. So who was the dumb bean counter and higher up that aloud this to happen. Dumb just dumb.

We're told its cost per mile at our center where the trucks go.

So if you take your ::shit:: to a shop and actually have it worked on it'll shift around, those that don't tend to keep the truck they want. Its why we have a bunch of 2016s ect with 600k miles while our 2017/18s have 800k+

No common sense is the problem .....

BTW - beans and bean counters should be soaked in cold water and rinsed thoroughly to prevent unwanted gas.
This is what happens when drivers knowledge and opinions are completely disregarded , wrong or correct ? I kept
track of my city unit and was usually came back overweight with 8 mpg average a week .

So if you take your ::::shit:::: to a shop.....
Ehhh , you will only see your unit sit on the deadline until it disappears from there .
Unless you bring candy , sausage , cookies , doughnuts then you might get it back .
Bat your eyelashes and cry when they tell you it's out of service red tag it park it by
the dumpster .

Ehhh , you will only see your unit sit on the deadline until it disappears from there .
Unless you bring candy , sausage , cookies , doughnuts then you might get it back .
Bat your eyelashes and cry when they tell you it's out of service red tag it park it by
the dumpster .
YNG has a decent shop that actually fixes problems.
One of the less senior guys that ran that bid for a while actually got $50k worth of work done on his truck.

However they're the only competent shop and its only night shift. Days in YNG is garbage.

YNG has a decent shop that actually fixes problems.
One of the less senior guys that ran that bid for a while actually got $50k worth of work done on his truck.

However they're the only competent shop and its only night shift. Days in YNG is garbage.

I had a flat drive at YNG, Tech pulled all four and told me his shift was over. Waited patiently for PM to get me rolling.

So can anyone tell me. Why the company is listening to the idiots. About the fuel mileage on trucks and how they are moving them around. For instance one of our single screws on p&d gets 11.5 mpg. Because it just pulls a 28ft lift gate. Average 10000 lbs. They took a new tractor off of line that pulls triples at 50000 lbs. Of course they are not going to get the same mpg. But that truck that gets 11mpg. Will get 5.6 in a week. So who was the dumb bean counter and higher up that aloud this to happen. Dumb just dumb.
Sounds like they're rotating equipment to spread the miles out between road and city tractors.

Y'all need to remember they track the cost per mile on every tractor. The more miles the tractor has, as a rule, the higher the cost per mile. So they move tractors around trying to put more miles on lower cost vehicles, and lower the miles run by high cost vehicles. It's a pretty simple math equation.

Y'all need to remember they track the cost per mile on every tractor. The more miles the tractor has, as a rule, the higher the cost per mile. So they move tractors around trying to put more miles on lower cost vehicles, and lower the miles run by high cost vehicles. It's a pretty simple math equation.

You sound like one of them bean counters!

What if every high mile truck in Nashville is on bid and it slipseats and newer low mile trucks are spares.. Explain that math.

I know it FedEx math, and it makes as much since as Common core.