Holland | Eastern terminals to close?

owlpuss

TB Lurker
Credits
how many terminals will yrc close with this restructure ?. I think where ever they over lap new penn . lets hope not.

How do you know they are closing terminals again.

zollars said yesturday holland is loseing money because they tried doing something in areas outside of there core . and need to get back to what they use to be.midwest 1to2 day service. hollands service is 2 days from albany ny to philly pa .thats 3 hours away.

homework

How do you know they are closing terminals again.

read this

www.kansascity.com | 01/28/2008 | YRC Worldwide plans to announce restructuring after worst financial quarter in 15 years
and also here is a repost of a "i told you to vote no" post i made

what that means if your just a dumb trucker like they think you are is,
when they close your terminal and you lose your job, they sell the
place you used to call your paycheck. So much for “creating jobs”
like they say this wonderful contract will do. Zollers and his crew stated they
will announce the “restructure plans” in about two weeks. They assume or
know that this contract will pass. If this contract does not pass expect a wait
to find out you are unemployed. Its very hard to get a guy to vote yes knowing
he’s losing his job. If you are not in the smaller “footprint” they want
consider the $14 an hour job they offer you.

for the record i voted no, restructure this yrc.......

Our regional v.p. told me today that they are cutting service to Texas,La. --and New Mexico I think he said for Reddaway. As for Holland he wouldn't give specifics but it sounded like the smaller non-producing terminals were gonna take the hit. Probly in Kansas, Alabama and afew others .....those are my guesses--I'm sure you road guys have a better idea than me. You see alot more of these places than I do. Peace.

That is odd all of Reddaway got letters from their President there was NO plans to shut down anyone. But, Holland would take the big hit.

go ahead and buy that

That is odd all of Reddaway got letters from their President there was NO plans to shut down anyone. But, Holland would take the big hit.

We all got letters or calls in one form or another from our teamster leaders
And they’re corporate buddy’s that all would be well if we vote yes.
I didn’t get the one that said “were closing you down” what they said was
“creating new teamster jobs” that would be the one that pays $14 an
Hour but hey, it’s a teamster job right?

Hate to say it but Dugan told us the same thing up to the day they closed! Good Luck To All

rumor from co terminal ...
KC JP LR JM SG WITICHA ALL OF EAST COAST EXCEPT SY AND YOUNGSTOWN
HOLLAND STAYING WITH THE CORE TERRITORY TAKE IT FOR ITS WORTH

RUMORSSSSSSSSSSSSS

rumor from co terminal ...
KC JP LR JM SG WITICHA ALL OF EAST COAST EXCEPT SY AND YOUNGSTOWN
HOLLAND STAYING WITH THE CORE TERRITORY TAKE IT FOR ITS WORTH

RUMORSSSSSSSSSSSSS
thats what I got from the con. call Monday.
It is all by desine. They didn't try to make the old Dugan area work when Bestway took over and it shut down and they didn't try to make it work when Holland and Reddeway took over. All they managed to do was screw a buch of good hard working men twice and now they are going to do it one last time.
The sorry pri**s laid me off one day to the year so they wont have to pay me vacation when they close us down. :nutkick:

Letter From T.j. The Pres.

I'm Reddaway from socal, the letter said they were not going to shut down the company and not to scare our customers with these rumors. NOTICE nothing said about closing terminals just not going to shut down the whole company.....

trust in ourselves not them

Just my thoughts, we will all know the facts when the “restructure” rolls
Out in a couple of weeks but… Holland just came out with this guaranteed
Service to Canada trucknews.com - Truck News - 2/1/2008
That means the buffalo terminal is crucial for this, look at a map, there’s no way up there
Except thru Detroit and that’s not going to work. Im hoping buffalo is safe. Now somebody
Correct me please if im off track here but didn’t yrc try to shut down Albany and
Syracuse after they bought us, but found out they couldn’t do it during this contract?
Change of operations or something along those lines?? What’s stopping them now?
I also hear this raving about new penn on that conference call and wonder why they
Wouldn’t shut us all down out east, don’t know just sitting on the edge of my seat
Like everyone else out here. One more dig here too, in all the letters from yrc and the
Teamsters plus the phone calls from robo Johnson and all that promising of great things
If you voted yes we didn’t hear about this did we ?.

That means the buffalo terminal is crucial for this, look at a map, there’s no way up there
Except thru Detroit and that’s not going to work. Im hoping buffalo is safe. Now somebody
Correct me please if im off track here but didn’t yrc try to shut down Albany and
Syracuse after they bought us, but found out they couldn’t do it during this contract?
I also hear this raving about new penn on that conference call and wonder why they
Wouldn’t shut us all down out east, don’t know just sitting on the edge of my seat
Like everyone else out here. One more dig here too, in all the letters from yrc and the
Teamsters plus the phone calls from robo Johnson and all that promising of great things

this is what i dont understand one minute its getting back to core now guarented service to canada ? i would think albany would also be needed montreal is only 4 hours away.

Dockster, You sould just give old TJ a call down in DC to see what HIS dealings have done for the HOLLAND TEAMSTERS. If you need the # just ask I'm sure I can find it, but don't know if you could get a hold of him or being refered back to the Eastern Cord. I also have Ernie's to save you a call.:hide::1036316054:

waste of time

Dockster, You sould just give old TJ a call down in DC to see what HIS dealings have done for the HOLLAND TEAMSTERS. If you need the # just ask I'm sure I can find it, but don't know if you could get a hold of him or being refered back to the Eastern Cord. I also have Ernie's to save you a call.:hide::1036316054:

if you've read any of my hate messages for this contract and my complete distrust of our union leadership you would know I'm not going to bang my head on that wall.

I have got a new map of usf hollands area and all it talks about is the heart land.It only covers the states of ky,oh,in,il,wi,mi and western pa.The service centers are LO,LE,CI,DA,CO,MA,AK,CL,TO,ER,PI,DE,PO,BR,GY,GR.HO,JA,KA,SB,FW,IN,EV,DN,LI,RI,JO,CH,BV,WH,RO,MI,TM,AP,WAUSAU. I don't know if it means anything or not but everything else is in the gray area even the narrow part of WV between OH and PA witch doesn't make any sence.Is this the core area the dollar bill was talking about monday that they are pulling holland back too.

don't know if it's relevant or not but our tm at new penn in baltimore is away helping our labor relations guy get things in order for the next three months. now our labor guy has been doing this job has long has i've been here and has never needed help. we are wondering if maybe it may have to do with what is about to go done in the east with holland and new penn. or it may be nothing at all. just something to think about..

don't know if it's relevant or not but our tm at new penn in baltimore is away helping our labor relations guy get things in order for the next three months. now our labor guy has been doing this job has long has i've been here and has never needed help. we are wondering if maybe it may have to do with what is about to go done in the east with holland and new penn. or it may be nothing at all. just something to think about..

Ask your tm to see your file. About 2 weeks before dugan shut down they sent all our files off to home office my old tm told me win i asked to see my file.

work rules

what do our company's hate most? work rules. first thing to change. next will be the terminals close to each other with no change in delivery days(1 or 2 day freight(example:Detroit and Pontiac share same delivery days). shut down or merge of shops . three, "utility drivers will be supported by 4 hour casuals". this will haunt us all.:chairshot: