TForce | Electric jacks

Nfmsii

TB Lurker
Credits
Any terminals have electric jacks? Were they from ups days? Apparently we can’t get one because Tforce is too cheap or too stupid to realize workers comp claims for back injuries will occur.

I was told it was required to have at least one electric pallet jack, a driver in Florida got hurt when a pallet of school books fell on him and cracked some vertebrae, I believe there was a lawsuit, in Florida we deliver all the schoolbooks and it is an inside delivery, some of these pallets weight over 5k lbs

The company knows that they can replace you with another person when you get hurt . They buy insurance for that reason . Refuse to do unsafe acts, protect yourself .

I was told it was required to have at least one electric pallet jack, a driver in Florida got hurt when a pallet of school books fell on him and cracked some vertebrae, I believe there was a lawsuit, in Florida we deliver all the schoolbooks and it is an inside delivery, some of these pallets weight over 5k lbs

A pallet of school books weighing 5,000#. I doubt it, Ted.

Well I delivered some metal racks that were on 2 pallets nailed together and they barely wanted to move. Got it sorta on the liftgate but it wasn’t fully off the back and flipped it dropping it down bc I couldn’t move it further back. Aside from possibly hurting my back moving them I woulda had a way easier time with an electric jack. Also got tile, brick and other pallets that could hurt your back moving them. Whyyyy wouldn’t they want to spend a few bucks so they don’t get workers comp claims??

At yellow inside delivery was driver discretion. Apparently Tforce it’s not? Either way write a letter I don’t give a shi

I delivered a pallet of rock salt and i could not move it by myself it took 3 other people from the customer to help move it. It was every bit of 2 thousand pounds and the manual pallet jack just whipped all of us. Same thing with a pallet full of cash register receipt paper. These companies load these trucks with a forklift without any thought of how a driver is going to get a pallet off with a manual jack. What about the pallets so heavy they crush the pallet in the middle and you can't even get the damn jack under it. Then the companies get pissed if they have a workmen's comp claim. Drivers out here rupturing discs and pulling muscles without proper equipment.

Thats what happened when God surveyed the pile of stuff to make the heavens, seas and the earth with on day one.

Once the lights turned on it revealed that he needed a big pallet jack. Since those were not invented until Day 8, he rolled everything into a ball and bowled it. That took about a week.

I delivered a pallet of rock salt and i could not move it by myself it took 3 other people from the customer to help move it. It was every bit of 2 thousand pounds and the manual pallet jack just whipped all of us. Same thing with a pallet full of cash register receipt paper. These companies load these trucks with a forklift without any thought of how a driver is going to get a pallet off with a manual jack. What about the pallets so heavy they crush the pallet in the middle and you can't even get the damn jack under it. Then the companies get pissed if they have a workmen's comp claim. Drivers out here rupturing discs and pulling muscles without proper equipment.
Everything you said is 100% true.

My terminal has one and I use it often. It’s made by Jungheinrich.
It’s currently being tested at some terminals. Pending feedback…I’m not sure if we get a few more or when they will roll them out.
It’s a bit on the large size for a liftgate. It’s more of a warehouse type electric pallet jack but is very strong.
Some of our competition has tried the same model also saying it’s too large and have settled on a model made by BigJoe.
I’ve used it for pallets of water, pallets loaded with food product, drums on a pallet, totes, stacks of hospital beds, weight lifting equipment, residential tile/stone/brick delivery etc.
I’ll be honest….I used to manually pull 2500-3000lb pallets around, now I’ve become spoiled using the Electric palket jacks.

My terminal has one and I use it often. It’s made by Jungheinrich.
It’s currently being tested at some terminals. Pending feedback…I’m not sure if we get a few more or when they will roll them out.
It’s a bit on the large size for a liftgate. It’s more of a warehouse type electric pallet jack but is very strong.
Some of our competition has tried the same model also saying it’s too large and have settled on a model made by BigJoe.
I’ve used it for pallets of water, pallets loaded with food product, drums on a pallet, totes, stacks of hospital beds, weight lifting equipment, residential tile/stone/brick delivery etc.
I’ll be honest….I used to manually pull 2500-3000lb pallets around, now I’ve become spoiled using the Electric palket jacks.
There are many power assist pallet jacks available. They give you enough power without being oversized. They are only a bit bigger than a manual jack . Guaranteed we never get them , because that would make too much sense .

With some of the larger, heavier products being delivered by liftgates, maybe these companies should put a longer, heavy duty gate on trailers to accommodate long skids and electric jacks. I see full 8’ gates on trailers quite often.