TForce | Electric jacks

Last year, we were told not to pick up freight longer than 12 ft or any oversize boxed package's like artwork, one of a kind, hunting, fishing trophy etc packages from UPS Store items.(unless crated) Suddenly we are seeing it again. (20ft skids of wood decking planks, 15 ft skid of cabinetry etc.) Sales team says it is very profitable.
We just eradicated 💩 freight….. Here we go again….High Profits vs High risk damages.

Last year, we were told not to pick up freight longer than 12 ft or any oversize boxed package's like artwork, one of a kind, hunting, fishing trophy etc packages from UPS Store items.(unless crated) Suddenly we are seeing it again. (20ft skids of wood decking planks, 15 ft skid of cabinetry etc.) Sales team says it is very profitable.
We just eradicated 💩 freight….. Here we go again….High Profits vs High risk damages.
That fn decking is why I posted this I had like 5 of those in the past couple weeks. Couldn’t move the skid had to be hand unloaded. One stipulated it had to be or any claim would be rejected bc a forklift would prob bow and crack the long skid if lifted from the back of the trailer. Only good thing was dispatcher couldn’t b!tch about unload time bc of that.

That fn decking is why I posted this I had like 5 of those in the past couple weeks. Couldn’t move the skid had to be hand unloaded. One stipulated it had to be or any claim would be rejected bc a forklift would prob bow and crack the long skid if lifted from the back of the trailer. Only good thing was dispatcher couldn’t b!tch about unload time bc of that
Simple as this, the company can not force you to injure yourself.

I wish more drivers had your sense.
Some do try to stand up to the nonsense at times but some dispatchers threaten to write you up or worse. I told one once i would not drive a tractor because it was a piece a junk and thought unsafe, and they said are you refusing to work? I said im here aint i ? Im just refusing that tractor and they got all in a huff and went somewhere then came back and put me in another tractor. Have not went by a customer because i knew they were not open so early in the morning and i got chewed out for that. I was suppose to at least make an attempt but I've been by there several times before and knew they wouldn't be open so why waste my time? It didn't matter i was suppose to do it regardless.

It has to do with workmans comp, liability and killjoy warehouses and coldstorages in particular. No electric jacks. Manual only.

I got hurt really bad in Grand Union At Albany years ago when the Janitor failed to sop up a little drip on the concrete near my egg dock. It was two ton on a stupid :shit:ty manual jack which got stuck on that little depression and when I added power the boots spun and rammed the knee into the damn thing. Damn near smashed it.

Grand Union buried me in hundreds of dollars within a month so I dont sue them. Its been decades now so Im assuming the statue of limitations has expired on that crazy place. Never mind the damn jacks, watch out for your own janitors who dont sop ::shit:: or sweep a damn thing.

THAT turned into a ambulance Trauma into Troy of all places far away and they had to pry a math drone out of the upstairs office counting room to get me. What a day that was.

While waiting on Xray in there, they brought in a bleeder. She kept crying loudly Im bleeding disturbing everyone. Charge Nurse finally screeched... BLEED ALL YOU WANT! WE HAVE MORE BLOOD.

Blessed silence.

I was rolling for Azko over in Seneca Lakes in a few hours to get bagged salt for DOT Maryland next day.

Simple as this, the company can not force you to injure yourself.
The company does not care if you injure yourself. Now the insurance company does, make sure if that happens, explain to the adjuster that your were to unload the item by yourself and state the weight and that you have no power equipment, just a dolly and a manual pallet jack .
The only thing that will make the company change is the insurance company jacking up the premiums.

Well since this thread no electric jack lol. Sooo many deck deliveries though. Can’t complain actually bc they HAVE to be hand unloaded otherwise claims are rejected. Last one was hour and a 1/2 and tm couldn’t say ish.