FedEx Freight | Elogs, the good, the bad and the ugly

silent trucker

TB Veteran
Credits
Having had an E-log for a little over a week, am curious what those of you who've had them much longer think. What have been your experiences?

The good.. we haven't started using them.
The bad.. we will have to use them.
The ugly...ST

Not sure I quite understand, but what effect does this have if I decide to pull off on the shoulder and do a number 1 or 2 if I drank too much chocolate milk. I never log those, so what's up?

Not sure I quite understand, but what effect does this have if I decide to pull off on the shoulder and do a number 1 or 2 if I drank too much chocolate milk. I never log those, so what's up?

gUSN1BT.jpg

If you are quick you are fine. If it takes you more than 3 minutes the eld will switch you to on duty

So pull the trailer valve?
So pull the trailer valve?

the truck is still stationary, Elog knows if wheels are moving or not. One roll of tires will prompt alert if you're not logged in, and lack of movement will alert as well, if you stop, it records it. If you're using them, email yourself your logs. It's an eye opener as far as detail. Each log is 4-6 pages long. 1 page graph, the rest is info about everything you did.

If you are quick with the bathroom break, fiddling with the log is unnecessary. If you're stopping at a truck stop to drop a deuce, and might be 10 minutes, clock off. Unlike paper logs that are time consuming to draw all the lines on, elogs change with a few quick button pushes. It's not as aggravating and once you get used to it you'll hate paper logs.

If you are quick with the bathroom break, fiddling with the log is unnecessary. If you're stopping at a truck stop to drop a deuce, and might be 10 minutes, clock off. Unlike paper logs that are time consuming to draw all the lines on, elogs change with a few quick button pushes. It's not as aggravating and once you get used to it you'll hate paper logs.

I let it automatically do it, the only time i press button on the eld is to go off duty for lunch and of course to log out at end of day.