Estes | Employee Purchase Program

Jeepstr723

TB Regular
Credits
I would like to purchase a power pallet jack. Wondering if Estes has an employee purchase program? Payroll deduction? Looks similar to a standard jack, 3300# capacity, 48v/20ah battery. 6 hour run time/3 hour charge time. Around 2k. Who would I contact at Estes. TM was no help. Thanks for your help.

Screenshot_20210411-094101_Chrome.md.jpg

Some Terminals already have them but if your terminal manager is not willing to help you, you might contact fleet services to see if they can help you with that. Most would say that it's too much of a cost for you to bare, but if you want what you want than go for it. Good luck

May I ask WHY???
Basically, I am not getting any younger. Lot's of reasons. Some of these totes of mulch dye are way too heavy for a standard jack. 3 pwr jacks aren't enough for 3 straight trucks and several other LG trailers. Not looking to have an injury before I retire. Not holding my breath for Management to bring in more pwr jacks.

Basically, I am not getting any younger. Lot's of reasons. Some of these totes of mulch dye are way too heavy for a standard jack. 3 pwr jacks aren't enough for 3 straight trucks and several other LG trailers. Not looking to have an injury before I retire. Not holding my breath for Management to bring in more pwr jacks.
They will never buy more if you buy your own.

Doughtful that jack will hold up to regular industrial use. I'm not trying to be a troll.
I appreciate all comments on the subject. I have a friend that uses the 24 volt model daily working for Holland, Straight truck. He has no issues.

If you buy your own you would have to take it home every night. Estes does not allow personal property to be kept on premises. Years ago when we had a lot of smooth wall trailers my home depot would give me all the crank load bars that road drivers would leave at their dock. I put my name on them and put them up in the OM's office and let all the city drivers know where they were because there were never any on the dock. One day the district manager came in and said they had to go, along with everyone's chains and locks that were securing their pallet jacks. My company supplied pallet jack that I locked up for 7 years went missing after 2 weeks never to be seen again. Now we constantly have to resupply because drivers don't care about them. I understand why R&L makes their drivers pay for them, you tend to care for something if you got a little skin in the game.

I suggest telling customer that if they want totes at the rear they better get up here and help or do it themselves. No, I don’t care if the business gets run off. Do you really need that customer anyway? He’s putting your health and your company in a bad spot

If you buy your own you would have to take it home every night. Estes does not allow personal property to be kept on premises. Years ago when we had a lot of smooth wall trailers my home depot would give me all the crank load bars that road drivers would leave at their dock. I put my name on them and put them up in the OM's office and let all the city drivers know where they were because there were never any on the dock. One day the district manager came in and said they had to go, along with everyone's chains and locks that were securing their pallet jacks. My company supplied pallet jack that I locked up for 7 years went missing after 2 weeks never to be seen again. Now we constantly have to resupply because drivers don't care about them. I understand why R&L makes their drivers pay for them, you tend to care for something if you got a little skin in the game.
When I send an email to Will Estes. I will inquire about the personal property issue. Currently at our terminal there are a few drivers that still use their jacks from their previous employer.

I suggest telling customer that if they want totes at the rear they better get up here and help or do it themselves. No, I don’t care if the business gets run off. Do you really need that customer anyway? He’s putting your health and your company in a bad spot
There is a liability issue with customers on your trailer. Also a requirement that we don't move freight over 1500#, unless it is Home Depot stuff. Which boosts it to 2500#, if I am not mistaken. The other day a pickup for 3 skids tail loaded @ 2200# each. Or today, 4 skids @ 2130 each LG delivery. I realize you young bucks love the work out. Though, at 65, 2 titanium knees and a sore back everyday. I am trying to just make my life easier.

There is a liability issue with customers on your trailer. Also a requirement that we don't move freight over 1500#, unless it is Home Depot stuff. Which boosts it to 2500#, if I am not mistaken. The other day a pickup for 3 skids tail loaded @ 2200# each. Or today, 4 skids @ 2130 each LG delivery. I realize you young bucks love the work out. Though, at 65, 2 titanium knees and a sore back everyday. I am trying to just make my life easier.
2500 is too much. Dealbreaker for me