Estes | Employee Purchase Program

Besides, Home Depot has lifts unless it’s home delivery. 2000 is the most I will put on a LG. Company can demand all they want. Its a drivers market right now guys. I tell them how much risk I’m willing to take. All you have to say is: It’s not safe”.

Basically, I am not getting any younger. Lot's of reasons. Some of these totes of mulch dye are way too heavy for a standard jack. 3 pwr jacks aren't enough for 3 straight trucks and several other LG trailers. Not looking to have an injury before I retire. Not holding my breath for Management to bring in more pwr jacks.
Sad

There is a liability issue with customers on your trailer. Also a requirement that we don't move freight over 1500#, unless it is Home Depot stuff. Which boosts it to 2500#, if I am not mistaken. The other day a pickup for 3 skids tail loaded @ 2200# each. Or today, 4 skids @ 2130 each LG delivery. I realize you young bucks love the work out. Though, at 65, 2 titanium knees and a sore back everyday. I am trying to just make my life easier.
There is a liability issue with customers on your trailer. Also a requirement that we don't move freight over 1500#, unless it is Home Depot stuff. Which boosts it to 2500#, if I am not mistaken. The other day a pickup for 3 skids tail loaded @ 2200# each. Or today, 4 skids @ 2130 each LG delivery. I realize you young bucks love the work out. Though, at 65, 2 titanium knees and a sore back everyday. I am trying to just make my life easier.
Really? I wish R+L had that policy. Sometimes we get 4500# pallets of garnet sand, and most customers that receive it don’t have a dock so we have to jack it to the tail. I call those pallets hernia makers.

At 65, I’d be looking at retirement, not a $2000 pallet jack.

Some of you are wearing me out just reading all your excuses about, moving heavy skids to the rear, in the trailer. I always had a pallet Jack with me, but with a next stop, heavy one, I would get the guy with his forklift at the stop before to pull it to the back for me. Work smart. Use your brain,Not your back.

Some of you are wearing me out just reading all your excuses about, moving heavy skids to the rear, in the trailer. I always had a pallet Jack with me, but with a next stop, heavy one, I would get the guy with his forklift at the stop before to pull it to the back for me. Work smart. Use your brain,Not your back.
Did you ever ask Roadway Spy to move your freight? (asking for the insurance adjuster)

As a safety trainer at YRC I instruct all new hires not to attempt moving a pallet over 1000 lbs. by yourself. if the customer is unwilling to assist, we pull the door down and reschedule the delivery until there is help. It is clearly spelled out in the published tariffs it is the customer’s responsibility to unload anything over 500lbs

Really? I wish R+L had that policy. Sometimes we get 4500# pallets of garnet sand, and most customers that receive it don’t have a dock so we have to jack it to the tail. I call those pallets hernia makers.
Wow, I would have to get help or refuse to get hurt moving that crap. Our customer service reps @ our terminal are fantastic. If it's overweight or over sized they try to make it work for us somehow.

I also
I also do this to set up for the next stop. Wondering how far you guys are pallet jacking the curbside delivery? Most customers expect it either in their garage or by it. Sloped driveway, no pwr jack. Curbside. Final Mile expects front door service.

20210505_183506.md.jpg

I also

I also do this to set up for the next stop. Wondering how far you guys are pallet jacking the curbside delivery? Most customers expect it either in their garage or by it. Sloped driveway, no pwr jack. Curbside. Final Mile expects front door service.

20210505_183506.md.jpg
When they even mention, liftgate, residential, or last mile to me, I say my truck number just went from 46, to 23.

Unless you have a peddle run that doesn't have any docks or a customer won't move someone else's freight, if you can find a incline you can move any amount of weight you want!!

Unless you have a peddle run that doesn't have any docks or a customer won't move someone else's freight, if you can find a incline you can move any amount of weight you want!!
OK, I'm at the incline, how do I move the freight?

d1367737db75c7f1f716a86f08c45dda.jpg

I remember when I ran city, I was in a government building. Each door incl elevator needed a security card swipe that I didn't have. They didn't allow pallet jacks or anything with wheels on the floor. I had like 50 boxes to take to the top floor. Security guard said he couldn't help or stay with me. I'll have to call and wait on him each trip.
looong story short.. took several hours

I had to do that once, pull to the other side of the paring lot to get the 3000lb skid of flooring to the tail and onto the liftgate, then back across the lot to the garage door and let it down. took pictures to document what we were having to do and the safety man said next time bring it back. That's all I needed to hear

TOUCHDOWN !

I wonder how the trail lawyers would handle this? Workman's Comp?

Dang company should not have left the plywood that could be used as a ramp in the first place. That is what led to the accident!

Attractive nuisance concept?

Some Terminals already have them but if your terminal manager is not willing to help you, you might contact fleet services to see if they can help you with that. Most would say that it's too much of a cost for you to bare, but if you want what you want than go for it. Good luck
My TM, Mick and Tom Lamb approved my purchase. Due to my medical issues.