TForce | Employement with UPS?

ben45750

TB Lurker
Credits
If a person is interested in applying with UPS is it better to just fill the apps out online or do they accept apps at the terminals? (Columbus, Ohio area) The online apps just never seem to work, face to face with a real person allways seems to have better results, is it that way with UPS? I'm looking for a place to hang my hat (sort of speak) for the rest of my working years. I'm currently working for an LTL company but i'm at the bottom getting very little work. Any input would be great appreciated.

xco dsr,

I'am in the same boat as you. I live in North Mississippi and i'am moving to Northeast, Ohio. I will be traveling to ohio next week to meet face to face with tm's i have filled out online apps and recieved no word.In my opnion that is the only way to get hired.(face to face).What ltl companies have you worked for? Anyway there should be someone with more input than me to help you out.

Its good if there are job openings where ever you live.

If something is open at the company you want to hire on with,you have a better chance as a walk in,or call around for appoinments to see TM's.
These are very busy people,but will be glad to see you if they have an opening.

The way my terminal works,first all of us drivers are asked if we know someone looking for work.

If theres no responce in a short time period.
Than an ad is placed in our local news paper.

If someone walks in to apply either from the help wanted ad,or someone that just happens to come on their own,they'll be given a paper application,if they have good qualifications,the TM will make time to talk to them.

I'm not sure if the web site is ever checked?

But if someone walks in looking for work,when theres no opening they'll be told to apply on-line.
No paper application will be offered,unless the TM may think there will be something in the 30 days that applications are to be held on file,before being discared.

You can check on-line on the companies web sites.
You may have to relocate to get those jobs?

A lot of the time companies prefer to have their own employees transfer into these job postings.

But the bottom line is, its all about being in the right place at the
right time.

I have seen alot of terminals turn away applicants on the phone and in person, Only to tell them that they must fill out an application on line. This may be different around the country. My best advice to you is to do both.

Welcome to the boards roadrage. I suggest applying on-line and visiting the terminal. Worked for one of the guys that I know. Hope it all works out for you.

BusterNite said:
I have seen alot of terminals turn away applicants on the phone and in person, Only to tell them that they must fill out an application on line. This may be different around the country. My best advice to you is to do both.

My brother-in-law just got hired. He doesn't have a computer and they let him use the one at work. He got a kick out of that with all the girls helping him every five minutes.:USA:

Skeeter said:
My brother-in-law just got hired. He doesn't have a computer and they let him use the one at work. He got a kick out of that with all the girls helping him every five minutes.:USA:
I know, I have a friend who does not have a computer and I help him out all the time. Its amazing how computers have become a house hold item. When my girls were younger and started coming home with home work that required a computer, Thats when I bought one. The trip and wait at the library for a computer was getting to be a pain.

I was originally hired in at Hickory NC. before transfering to Greenville SC, but I walked in right off the street and met with the TM.. was hired the next day and started the paperwork the next, 1 week later I was at work.

southerngrits,
wow i call that winning the lottery! I live near Tupelo, ms and i have been told getting on at ups would be impossible unless you worked the dock 9-10 years! can't do that with a family,have no problem working dock but i gotta get on the road a bit.So off to Ohio i go tommorrow.