TForce | Employment at Cleveland terminal

RevItUp

TB Lurker
Credits
Do any of you work in Cleveland? I see they are hiring city drivers. What's the job like when you are new? Steady hours? Do you work the dock much?Do you like working there? Thanks.

RevItUp said:
Do any of you work in Cleveland? I see they are hiring city drivers. What's the job like when you are new? Steady hours? Do you work the dock much?Do you like working there? Thanks.
I do not work out of Cleveland, But if your looking for P&D (city driver) you do not work the dock unless you want to. As in any company with a new hire you are at the bottom of the seniority list so you have to pay your due's so to speak. What ever work is available is what you will get. All terminals company wide pretty much work the same way. As far as do I like working here. Its always been a good company to work for. As with all companys (good & bad) their are some things that need to be repaired. We are a new company now and alot of changes are and will be taking place. Keep reading the boards and you will learn more as the ship gets tighter.

BusterNite said:
I do not work out of Cleveland, But if your looking for P&D (city driver) you do not work the dock unless you want to. As in any company with a new hire you are at the bottom of the seniority list so you have to pay your due's so to speak. What ever work is available is what you will get. All terminals company wide pretty much work the same way. As far as do I like working here. Its always been a good company to work for. As with all companys (good & bad) their are some things that need to be repaired. We are a new company now and alot of changes are and will be taking place. Keep reading the boards and you will learn more as the ship gets tighter.

here in greenville sc, when hired on or transfered in from another terminal you DO start out on the dock at the bottom as a "dock with cdl" worker and yes you have to do your time.. I know, I walked in those very shoes 1 year ago next week... (transfered)

southerngrits said:
here in greenville sc, when hired on or transfered in from another terminal you DO start out on the dock at the bottom as a "dock with cdl" worker and yes you have to do your time.. I know, I walked in those very shoes 1 year ago next week... (transfered)
Wow, I did not know that, I guess its different all around. All the years that I have been here I have seen employees hired for dock, P&d, and line haul only. I have seen dock w/cdl hired and move to P&d but most time's I have seen new hire's go to what ever classification they were hired for. I do not believe that this is a company policy where your terminal will only start people on the dock first and then move them to P&D.

Was offered a job a couple months back (No I didn't take it), and it was for line haul. No starting on the dock.

Did you get a better offer Serta?

I know our linehaul drivers are really raking in some serious money.
They have new vehicles,cars,pickups,and motor cycles they drive to work.

They have way more toys than I can afford,being a P&D driver.

I had my chance at going on Linehaul years ago,but I don't like driving at night through the winter storms dragging two short trailers behind me.

I've had bed runs in the distant past but it was only dragging a van along,and it was only doing vacations.

The only driving job paying more than Linehaul is the team drivers.
Team drivers are gone most of the time, our linehaul drivers make turns and are home in the mornings.

Apostolic said:
I know our linehaul drivers are really raking in some serious money.
They have new vehicles,cars,pickups,and motor cycles they drive to work.

They have way more toys than I can afford,being a P&D driver.

I had my chance at going on Linehaul years ago,but I don't like driving at night through the winter storms dragging two short trailers behind me.

I've had bed runs in the distant past but it was only dragging a van along,and it was only doing vacations.

The only driving job paying more than Linehaul is the team drivers.
Team drivers are gone most of the time, our linehaul drivers make turns and are home in the mornings.
I have a different perspective as to all the new "toys" We have a tendency of saying that someone with new cars,trucks and toy's must make big money. But the sad fact is that most live beyond their means. Unfortunatly banks and credit cards lend money to people who really can't afford these things. I want, Over I need, alot of people are strapt with these "toys" alot of people are living pay check to pay check when there is no need to when they are making 70,000 to 80,000 per year. Most of their pay checks go to loan payments for these toy's. Don,t get me wrong I do like toy's and I have them, But I only buy second hand (used) and if I can't pay cash I can't afford it. Thats my attitude. There is only one thing that sets my goal. And that is to get out of a truck at age 55. You cannot do this with a mortgage payment and loan payments on toys. I want to retire when I am still young and enjoy life with my family. Live like no one else today so you can live like on one else in the future. Living debt free by Dave R. XM 121 3:00am to 6:00am

BusterNite said:

Have no problems in the north. Good post busta.