FedEx Freight | Equipment!

The Red Phone!

ring , ring , ring...
Credits
Fiscal year 07. Road Tractors: 1108 Volvos, 200 Kenworths, 25 Freightliners. Trailers: 772 pups, 100 liftgates, 60 vans. 600 towmotors, 39 yardhostlers and 127 dollies.

Momoney said:
Fiscal year 07. Road Tractors: 1108 Volvos, 200 Kenworths, 25 Freightliners. Trailers: 772 pups, 100 liftgates, 60 vans. 600 towmotors, 39 yardhostlers and 127 dollies.
Can we please have at least 13 Volvo's so I get a new one??? Pretty Please !!!! All ours are old ones.

Momoney said:
There are trlrs loaded with new tow motors at the IND center, I brought 1 back to STL this morning going to FTW, each trlr has 3 lifts in them, they will be moved as volume permits, in other words instead of running an empty.

FM

This is all good news .
It means that we are growing.
Yay FXF !!!
Smokestack

Great!

Familyman said:
welcome to the boards bottlerocket.

FM
I know good things for all of us to come. In Toledo we are getting 15 new tow motors, already got 2 new volvos and are getting more. Won't say where I got info but it's legit.:bgroovy:

I agree, thats good news, I too hate the KW's cant see out of them, they turn too wide, I have to adjust to stay in the center of the lane, the air knobs are right behind the shifter, I dont like the brake pedal....blah blah blah, I love Volvos, Id almost rather drive a smurf, than a KW. But hey, Ive driven worse.....Im spoiled now...When I was at CFL, my first tractor was a 1973 Ford with a V8 Detroit, that truck would scream, and it was a pretty good old tractor....everything worked and it wasnt falling apart like some. Then about a year later, they took it away, said it was too old, darn! it was a better tractor than most on the yard!, and pulled like a scalded dog....ah the good ole days.......

equipment

Thanks Familyman glad to be here. It's always good news to here about new equipment on the way. I have been with AF/FEDEX almost 10 years now and they've always been pretty good about buying new equipment I'm jusr not a KW fan they're just not made for a tall fella:wavey:

Welcome !!!

Hey Welcome ''bottlerocket''
We are looking foward to your posts.
Spread the good word of the ''truckingboards''
to your brothers.
Thanks again for jumping in.
Smokestack

I have to agree we have pretty good equipment here. I used to drive a beer truck in Tulsa, 1981, an old gmc cabover where you sit down in front of the front axle, a v-6 that took both feet to keep floored, a 5 speed that was loose as stiring a pot of witches brew, blew oil everywhere,,,, etc... So I'm not about to complain about my red Volvo. Guess I'm rejuvinated (sp?) after I lucked into our big meet run Friday night instead of my regular glorified dock worker run... YeeHaa !! Now,, do I take extra board#2 ???

Equipment

Thanks Smokestack, I always enjoy reading other drivers thoughts and concerns. We all have a good place work, no place is perfect but how boring would that be? Again thanks and glad to be here:bgroovy:

I'd say i'm sorry for the guy's who'll get 1 of TOLEDO;S K-WOBBLIES but i might just get one even tgough i don't want one.have job,have paycheck,will drive a k-wobbly.

CORNBINDER said:
I'd say i'm sorry for the guy's who'll get 1 of TOLEDO;S K-WOBBLIES but i might just get one even tgough i don't want one.have job,have paycheck,will drive a k-wobbly.

I would personnaly like to see you keep your shiny red racer

I wish all of you well. As far as the Kenworths go, I am in an 2005. This truck is hurting my body badly. These are spring ride and they are shortened up to 150 inch. I can't wait untill I get a new 2007 air ride. My doctor has taken me off the job untill they give me an air ride. These 2005 trucks are defective and are hurting us drivers.

k w's

bad company said:
I wish all of you well. As far as the Kenworths go, I am in an 2005. This truck is hurting my body badly. These are spring ride and they are shortened up to 150 inch. I can't wait untill I get a new 2007 air ride. My doctor has taken me off the job untill they give me an air ride. These 2005 trucks are defective and are hurting us drivers.
I had r6730 with the meritor trans mission. That truck road like a Big wheel on a stone driveway hurt my back side. But I got to say that my 05 kw with the eaton fuller trany rides pretty d*&n good. there is a bid difference between the 04 and the 05 kw. But I guess it still doesn't matter anyways I still prefer VOLVO'S. If they would ahve kept the internationals road units and put air ride on the cab and suspension and turned it up to 66 I would like it to. Da*n my radio would scream in those trucks!:smilie_132:

good ground in those manure spreaders my radio screamed in my city kitty when I was a city driver.my radio seems to work pretty well inmy new volvo I have a monkey made ant .....