Estes | Estes buys Hagerstown terminal?

Estands4evil

TB Lurker
Credits
Was just browsing around some of the other LTL threads and came across 2 different people mentioning that the Fed-ex national terminal was sold, and one source said it may have been to Estes. What in the world could we use this for? A COO? Do we have that much freight in the Winchester/Hagerstown/Chambersburg area? Or perhaps its just another union-busting technique, buying all sorts of facilities in case they lose one to the teamsters they could just move it somewhere else?

Was just browsing around some of the other LTL threads and came across 2 different people mentioning that the Fed-ex national terminal was sold, and one source said it may have been to Estes. What in the world could we use this for? A COO? Do we have that much freight in the Winchester/Hagerstown/Chambersburg area? Or perhaps its just another union-busting technique, buying all sorts of facilities in case they lose one to the teamsters they could just move it somewhere else?

These shmucks will try every scumbag trick in the book to get into your head. They have already hired a union busting firm to deceive you. They will pull out every dirty trick in the book to mind manipulate you and your brothers. Don't fall for it. It is illegal to shut down your terminal due to union activity. It is illegal to route freight around a union terminal. It is illegal to threaten ones job due to union activity or ask any questions about your opinion of said activity. Read your rites. Google National Labor Relations Board. Do it now. Elvis out....

I live in the Hagerstown area. Last I saw Fedex Nat was still there. I will take a peak on Friday, my sons Dr appt is across the way from the terminal. THey were hiring it a few months back. I have heard the Este's Hagerstown Rumor for Sometime. Last I heard was they were going to Share Yellows (new) Conways old one at the PA/MD line. NFI is using Yellows old one of exit 5, but only for the parking and shop.

These shmucks will try every scumbag trick in the book to get into your head. They have already hired a union busting firm to deceive you. They will pull out every dirty trick in the book to mind manipulate you and your brothers. Don't fall for it. It is illegal to shut down your terminal due to union activity. It is illegal to route freight around a union terminal. It is illegal to threaten ones job due to union activity or ask any questions about your opinion of said activity. Read your rites. Google National Labor Relations Board. Do it now. Elvis out....

Hey Elvis, thanks for the info.. I'm gonna print some of this stuff out and have a look at it.

Elvis, you keep saying its illegal to do this,and Im sure it is,but ,tell me how this would be caught, and then proven.This is what I would be intrested in knowing,Iv been in three unions,Nalt.Steel Workers,Teamsters(back in the 70s) and United Mine Workers.I hope they have gotten better at protecting workers against these things cause these company pricks can find more ways to f#!# with a man than a house full of republicans.

I think what you are refering to is the FedEx National terminal in Windsor Locks CT, otherwise refered to as HRT, not Hagerstown.

Elvis, you keep saying its illegal to do this,and Im sure it is,but ,tell me how this would be caught, and then proven.This is what I would be intrested in knowing,Iv been in three unions,Nalt.Steel Workers,Teamsters(back in the 70s) and United Mine Workers.I hope they have gotten better at protecting workers against these things cause these company pricks can find more ways to f#!# with a man than a house full of republicans.

If there is union activity, meaning a drive in process. Or if the terminal or terminals have already voted in union representation, it is against labor laws to shut down operations due to this fact. If the company claims they are losing money and can not continue to operate profitable then they have to open up their books and prove it to teamster lawyers. Can books be cooked? I would say yes. Can closing down one to several terminals to avoid the union be more of a hardship to the company than it is worth? It depends on how much revenue they generate. I say the prudent thing to do would be to negotiate in good faith with the teamsters. Hash out a fair contract and get on to the business of making money for the company. They may be rednecks, but they are business men. And people who have made money for 75 years don't usually don't throw the baby out with the bath water. But then again, lately, Estes has been very puzzling. I say let it all hang out. And let the cards fall where they may. A lousy job isn't worth keeping anyway. I hope I was some help. Elvis out...

What, like his Last Rites? Good Lord, Elvis, all that drinking and druggin might have been okay for you but I don't want this man doin anything drastic!!

Hang in their pardner!

Elvis kinda likes your mo. You pop in once in a while with little quirky one or two liners. I like that. Elvis out...