Estes | Estes Level 2

chitownpeddler

TB Veteran
Credits
What exactly is Estes Level 2? I bought a washer and dryer online. It came with free shipping. When I track it, it shows Estes Level 2 service and the transit time from York, PA to Chicago is just under 2 weeks.

What exactly is Estes Level 2? I bought a washer and dryer online. It came with free shipping. When I track it, it shows Estes Level 2 service and the transit time from York, PA to Chicago is just under 2 weeks.

Two weeks.WTF! And like the man said check for damage,I delivered some washers that ended up the size of a microwave,we can **** some stuff up dont ya know.

Wow 2 weeks! damn, but damage at Estes? Meh, grass is greener syndrome, people is people. I don't think the name on the door matters much.

Wow 2 weeks! damn, but damage at Estes? Meh, grass is greener syndrome, people is people. I don't think the name on the door matters much.

I ordered a bushhog for my tractor from Bush Hog in Selma,Ala... Took 4 days to travel 300 miles to my house... Once Conway got it here, it looked like the tractor had run over it.. So Estes is not alone in damages...

I ordered a bushhog for my tractor from Bush Hog in Selma,Ala... Took 4 days to travel 300 miles to my house... Once Conway got it here, it looked like the tractor had run over it.. So Estes is not alone in damages...

all the big LTLs except od it seems have a problem with damages. Sure it has to do with their obession with lbs/ manhr and packing the hell out of the trailers..Its really sad. the few cents they think they are saving in labor costs, then end up paying hundreds in damage claims..Its unbelievable that the people running these companies are college educated.

Level 2 is uncle robs newest venture , they do all the .com crap , target , Home Depot , Cosco , etc , but we r starting to see that crap at our terminal !!!! Willn't be long he'll write that place off , and we will be doing it !!!! Oh and some of it is " white glove service "

Level 2 is uncle robs newest venture , they do all the .com crap , target , Home Depot , Cosco , etc , but we r starting to see that crap at our terminal !!!! Willn't be long he'll write that place off , and we will be doing it !!!! Oh and some of it is " white glove service "

One option was white glove service. It said for $75 they would take them down into the basement for me. Installation was an option, but I imagine it wouldn't be the driver hooking it up.

Usually see those guys in a straight truck with a liftgate, sometimes 2 in the truck.
Talked to one once and they get everything throwed at them. Had a canoe going to something like a 16th floor high rise just North of downtown Chicago. Not my kind of job.

Usually see those guys in a straight truck with a liftgate, sometimes 2 in the truck.
Talked to one once and they get everything throwed at them. Had a canoe going to something like a 16th floor high rise just North of downtown Chicago. Not my kind of job.

WTH were they going to do with a canoe on the 16th floor of a high rise? Dive off the top with it? Must have been one of those "sweet in the britches" type guys and he wanted it for decoration....

A lot of them are only a little ways away from the lake so its easy to get to the water. And I'm thinking there's no shortage of "fancy boys" around there too.

I work inbound dock at the HSV terminal. Any truck we get from Memphis or Greensboro is going to have half of the freight damaged in some way. And if its not damaged when we get it, there a stupid red headed boy working the dock that don't give a crap and doesn't watch what he is doing and it will be damaged by the end of the morning. I have told everyone at the terminal that its obvious that paying for damages is cheaper than than hiring new help, as the dumb ass is still here.

I work inbound dock at the HSV terminal. Any truck we get from Memphis or Greensboro is going to have half of the freight damaged in some way. And if its not damaged when we get it, there a stupid red headed boy working the dock that don't give a crap and doesn't watch what he is doing and it will be damaged by the end of the morning. I have told everyone at the terminal that its obvious that paying for damages is cheaper than than hiring new help, as the dumb ass is still here.

Don't be hatin on the ginger

all the big LTLs except od it seems have a problem with damages. Sure it has to do with their obession with lbs/ manhr and packing the hell out of the trailers..Its really sad. the few cents they think they are saving in labor costs, then end up paying hundreds in damage claims..Its unbelievable that the people running these companies are college educated.

Um ABF has lowest in claims award 5 years straight.

Um ABF has lowest in claims award 5 years straight.

I think y'all might be spending too much time shrink wrapping with an operating loss of nearly $42 million in the last 15 months. Somethings got to give. Don't think the 5.9% rate increase is the right answer but we will see.

I think y'all might be spending too much time shrink wrapping with an operating loss of nearly $42 million in the last 15 months. Somethings got to give. Don't think the 5.9% rate increase is the right answer but we will see.

Who said anything about O/R you where talking claims. ABF runs at 99.3% claims free.