Central Transport | Estes Offering 500.00 Referral Bonus for new drivers.

Jeepstr723

TB Regular
Credits
Just announced today about the referral bonus. $250.00 immediately and if both you and I stay for 6 months I get the other $250.00. Will split it 50/50. PM me your info. so that I can submit the form before you put your app. in.

I once worked at a place that offered a $500 bonus for referrals. Except they kept changing the rules so they didn't have to pay out the $500. Good Luck with collecting.

OD offers $300 if the new employee stays for 6 months, all it takes is checking with your manager to make sure your name gets on the referral. I think I'm due $900 in the next 6 months.

Yes thats what is has come to boys and girls Big E has to drum up some way to hire drivers now, cause from my experience of being there now going on 13 years it is not the same as it was, and it is gettin more like Central/Vitran everyday..

We had a sigh on bonus at Pyle. Now the went and increased the starting rate and shortened the time to hit top.
Not sure if the bonus is still in tact. Most likely not

I think all companies do that this time of the year, trying to get the best drivers from the competition, of course central just needs to give a bonus to get drivers.

Problem is CT would take the bonus back by re adjusting your handheld time and cheating it out of you.
The ultimate screw job.......They stick it to you and you never even know it. What kind of company doesn't put how many hours you work on your stub when you get paid by the hour? And when you get shorted it's tooth and nail to get paid what your owed. They manipulate the handhelds and you have no way to prove what your owed. You can write your time down but if it doesn't match the handheld your **** out of luck.

Funny how every topic always circles back to a CT bash? that's cool , I got my referral bonus and I didn't have to scratch kick and scream to get it. the pay you say your shorted (maybe) but sometimes you can inadvertently be screwing your selves by not transitioning between city and dock the correct way that keeps you getting paid. but there are times when you have true dolphin issues that's when you grab your manager and get a pay slip put in for your time.

Funny how every topic always circles back to a CT bash? that's cool , I got my referral bonus and I didn't have to scratch kick and scream to get it. the pay you say your shorted (maybe) but sometimes you can inadvertently be screwing your selves by not transitioning between city and dock the correct way that keeps you getting paid. but there are times when you have true dolphin issues that's when you grab your manager and get a pay slip put in for your time.
For once we finally see a nice reply from 42 even after mildly bashing his beloved company.

Uhhh, because this is a CT forum.

Signed, Captain Obvious

At least you admit it does happen and that does surprise me. Most of the time they do make it right but it takes forever for them to move on it. My point is it should never happen in the first place, the way they do payroll allows them to take their time and cover their tracks just in case the Dept. of Labor or some other agency comes calling....42 we all know your a CT lover and ALWAYS come to their defense. So much so that it appears you over compensate at times. We all know that sometimes it's best to accept things you can't change as well. But for just once it would be nice for you to come on here and say just one thing they did to **** you off....For just once it would be nice to know that when you cut yourself you don't always bleed Yellow.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the way we have it. Clock in on a punch clock like the good old days. Get electronic device and start working. Enter dock or city, whatever it is. Enter break and lunch times into electronic device. Clock out at end of day, get paid all time punched minus 1/2 hour lunch time. OOO and time and a half after eight.

I like the way we have it. Clock in on a punch clock like the good old days. Get electronic device and start working. Enter dock or city, whatever it is. Enter break and lunch times into electronic device. Clock out at end of day, get paid all time punched minus 1/2 hour lunch time. OOO and time and a half after eight.
OT after 8......You just had to go there.

At least you admit it does happen and that does surprise me. Most of the time they do make it right but it takes forever for them to move on it. My point is it should never happen in the first place, the way they do payroll allows them to take their time and cover their tracks just in case the Dept. of Labor or some other agency comes calling....42 we all know your a CT lover and ALWAYS come to their defense. So much so that it appears you over compensate at times. We all know that sometimes it's best to accept things you can't change as well. But for just once it would be nice for you to come on here and say just one thing they did to **** you off....For just once it would be nice to know that when you cut yourself you don't always bleed Yellow.

Really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ha ha ha , would that make you guys like me than???? just for S&G's I don't like the never ending changes that take place. once you think you have everything figured out and you reach a comfort level OMG here comes another monkey wrench!!!!! CHAOS ensues.... and if I say so myself whats this got to do with estes offering a 500.00 referral bonus (Nothing):Off-Topic: