Estes | Estes pay and benefits package

Anyone wish to tell me what P&D pays at Estes ?

Equipment good ?

The good and bad ?
My advice is to catch one of the drivers at the term. your thinking of getting on board with unless someone on here is from your neck of the woods--good luck to ya

how much per hour, how much you pay for health. let us know?

The pay varies per terminal but it's very close to the same. The terminals at/or near my barn was topped out at $21.50 over 5 years ago. They all have gotton a raise every year since then. I never really talk to the local drivers much about it. Most are unsure what the majic number is. I think they got .50 cents every year since then. I would say they are getting at least $24 an hour now. I'm told the Chicago area drivers get $1.35 more and the Estes west get's more than that. The bene's are around $40 a week for a good family plan. They have more expensive options and cheaper options. The best part of working here is how laid back it is. P&d is a very very easy job. You will probably gain 30 or 40 pounds. :biglaugh:

The pay varies per terminal but it's very close to the same. The terminals at/or near my barn was topped out at $21.50 over 5 years ago. They all have gotton a raise every year since then. I never really talk to the local drivers much about it. Most are unsure what the majic number is. I think they got .50 cents every year since then. I would say they are getting at least $24 an hour now. I'm told the Chicago area drivers get $1.35 more and the Estes west get's more than that. The bene's are around $40 a week for a good family plan. They have more expensive options and cheaper options. The best part of working here is how laid back it is. P&d is a very very easy job. You will probably gain 30 or 40 pounds. :biglaugh:
I've been working with my customers to point to what door they want me to back into whenever I show up open my door pull the plate get their freight close it up then come out and tell me they moved my next stop to the tail sign off and tell me thnx for del.to them:biglaugh:

That's a good barn Rv833, I do a half way meet with Elgin every night. Lots of freight, they load it right and get it out on time and a good shop. Terminal manager is ex-marine. They say he's hard on the slackers but treats a good driver golden.

I don't know what term you work at but the boys up here don't gain weight in P & D

When I worked p&d we would clock in and wait on the breakfast truck. After we get our breakfast we would check and see which trucks were availiable. We would then sit a the fuel line.(the road drivers don't get paid to fuel so they would normally be on empty) After filling our trucks up we would go inside and check with the dispatcher about which trailer we get. Most of the time we would need to find an empty. We would stop for breakfast again at a nearby fuel stop, re-fill our coffee cup and grab another biscuit:biglaugh: When we get to the buisness we would grab a drink and sticker the paperwork it normally takes about an hour depending on how much paperwork is involved. On the way back to the terminal it would be time to get another biscuit. We would grab another empty and go to another buisness or the same one. It would then be lunch time. They take the money from your check automaticlly so everyone would make sure they did nothing for at least an hour. It would be time for a hamburger anyhow:biglaugh: When we got back to the terminal. Guess what? Time to grab another empty. Now, the few that had assigned trucks that started out with multible stops. That job had even more sitting around time. Those folks would get the stops off quick and the pickups wouldn't start until 1pm "at least."

Does Estes have the on-call like other freight companies ?

What's the starting wage for LTL experience ?

M-F or 7 days a week ?

city is pretty much m - f if ya wanna work sat and the works there cool. (road or city swaps) i think if your a bottom city guy you may start at different times one day 9 am next 1 pm. but no real "on call " type deal that's what our utility guys pretty much do - "on call " I started here 3 years ago at 17.95 and i know thats gone up. i worked city before i came to the road

I have 1 other question - I have been reading thru the ESTES forum and have noticed that some or most are Anti-Union ( U ). I worked for YRC for 4 years and am layed off with not much of a chance of recall. Since I worked for a union company- Does that mean ESTES won't hire me ?

THank you for your time and Answers

I have 1 other question - I have been reading thru the ESTES forum and have noticed that some or most are Anti-Union ( U ). I worked for YRC for 4 years and am layed off with not much of a chance of recall. Since I worked for a union company- Does that mean ESTES won't hire me ?

THank you for your time and Answers

That would be against the law. You better go apply because I think there is a overage of drivers for every job out there.
Although i think you might be fishing good luck if your for real

What ??? fishing ??? i ain't ever ..... we have and will employ many more ex union drivers. most any driver in the U.S.A. with any experience has or been involved with the union one way or another. so we all would not be working here if this was the case

What ??? fishing ??? i ain't ever ..... we have and will employ many more ex union drivers. most any driver in the U.S.A. with any experience has or been involved with the union one way or another. so we all would not be working here if this was the case

tbb You make me laugh. But you are right, we do hire ex union. One of our good drivers is ex union. I just think there is alot of fishing going on, And I for one do not want to see something said here disrupt our great company. I know it will not but a lil ::shit:: spreads a long way

Hey, if i'm not alowed to say UNION here how come you guys are. I'm filling discrimination charges... They do hire ex-union driver's by the way. I think most ex union guy's will like it here. The one's I talk to like it better. I don't think Estes goes looking for ex-union guys but they will hire them. Wheeew I got it out of my system. I just wanted to see how many times I can get away with saying union again. It's been a while, but ya'all got me started.

Hey, if i'm not alowed to say UNION here how come you guys are. I'm filling discrimination charges... They do hire ex-union driver's by the way. I think most ex union guy's will like it here. The one's I talk to like it better. I don't think Estes goes looking for ex-union guys but they will hire them. Wheeew I got it out of my system. I just wanted to see how many times I can get away with saying union again. It's been a while, but ya'all got me started.

psst......yewnyen.:dance: