Estes | Estes Record volume set this past friday

They bid 2 Sunday runs to p&d in Memphis too. 1 500 mile run and 1 600 mile run.

The run posted at our terminal is only a 244 mile turn that leaves at 5 am. No one has signed up. Your actually giving up your saturday night and a day working the city for a half days pay. The TM said it would be no trouble working that friday as busy as we are. If I'm going to run the weekend I would want some miles to make it worth driving into work.

Maybe they need to have another category and give the ones that run schedules on the weekend linehaul seniority over p and d and hub drivers. That would probably get some newbies to sign up if nothing else

Last edited by a moderator:
The run posted at our terminal is only a 244 mile turn that leaves at 5 am. No one has signed up. Your actually giving up your saturday night and a day working the city for a half days pay. The TM said it would be no trouble working that friday as busy as we are. If I'm going to run the weekend I would want some miles to make it worth driving into work.

They can kiss it, on a 244 mile run...That's not enough to give a Saturday up for...I think you did the right thing..Just hang back and wait for 400 or better..If freight is going up, then those miles will come...

I thought this might happen Talking to Central heading home Sat. AM they said they are so flooded with P&D drivers Planned on loads this mouring that they just going to get me home empty.... things are still very busy but looks like you weekend extra drivers arent going to be as busy with all these pnd guys out here Iam a sunday start so saturday is an extra day for me anyway. I left 082 last night where they acually kept some pnd guys from working the city on friday so they could run linehaul all weekend.........

Maybe they can run Monday extraboard Monday thru Thursday then let the locals have it Friday thru Sunday

It's not always lack of freight. We are at full capacity at some barns. These by appointment time only places are keeping yards stock piled. City drivers are getting maxed out on hours by Thursday. I'm seeing lots of bobtailing because of no trailers.

Not at 028.

its different.

Maybe they need to have another category and give the ones that run schedules on the weekend linehaul seniority over p and d and hub drivers. That would probably get some newbies to sign up if nothing else

I see where your going with that but,thats the problem now, not enough l/h drivers are looking for xtra work, and they are getting desperate to cover the loads. In the memo they stated that alot of p@d drivers are only working 4 days,ya right.Several friends and I had a good laugh at sitting around in the motel on Fri. afternoon and evening for extended periods of time, while all those volunteer and forced p@d drivers were driving around like their heads cuts off

My Wednesday night xtraboard start will likely turn to crap with all the p&d boys slurpin up all that weekend work. Maybe back to Monday night starts I guess.

It may have been slow Friday because of the holiday. I know nobody asked me to work.

They are still needing to use those city guys to run extra next week in the South

Seen where they are putting up memos about not being able to take time off the last week of this month and next month...

Its like a circus out east...lol...I am glad I got out of there.

Where do I have to go to get away from the circus!!!! They try to call me in early twice this month, and I said look I got two kids that I get to take to school on Monday and Tuesday and I will take them to school, I got forced onto Tues Night start, so that is when I will start.
It is not my fault that over the years now they have made this Category system and bidding system what it is and now they have a hard time finding drivers!! Boo Hoo, maybe if this company was fair about things and your TIME mattered around here they could find drivers, its kinda sad, but like I've said before the way they have treated and let go of people by class is not good when those very same people go
somewhere else and say how messed up it is here.....
Oh and we have one of those City only runs posted also, guess thats why I sat for 19 hours last week again, well maybe its better to be a City Driver.

They can call us Extra , hub , City , Utility, whatever they want. In estes eyes where all utility becuse they run it that way... City can run linehual,, I'am extra i come in with hours left and done City work.... I met hub drivers that have been running extra for the last three weeks... i think here you get a title to make you feel good lol........... cuz your going to do what they or MR. Rob needs you to do in the end......

They can call us Extra , hub , City , Utility, whatever they want. In estes eyes where all utility becuse they run it that way... City can run linehual,, I'am extra i come in with hours left and done City work.... I met hub drivers that have been running extra for the last three weeks... i think here you get a title to make you feel good lol........... cuz your going to do what they or MR. Rob needs you to do in the end......

And the trucks need to be fueled, cleaned and ready to go when mildew arrives.

RRRRRRRRRR... welp i gues the hot frieght level is over for me... after comeing off a 19 hour break at 055 got big 300 mile run where i got to sit for 3 hours waiting for a relay. then was sent home 80 miles.... when i got in toldem i'am done for the week cya......

RRRRRRRRRR... welp i gues the hot frieght level is over for me... after comeing off a 19 hour break at 055 got big 300 mile run where i got to sit for 3 hours waiting for a relay. then was sent home 80 miles.... when i got in toldem i'am done for the week cya......

Yep, they posted several road spots at my barn and filled them. Now I'm Fixin to starve to death. I may need to take up a collection from all truckingboard members.

mildew said:
Yep, they posted several road spots at my barn and filled them. Now I'm Fixin to starve to death. I may need to take up a collection from all truckingboard members.

Give me your account number so I can wire my contribution.

still posting PnD Runs everywhere over here while i sit at terminals.... Will atleast i'am sitting at home now writing this.... not going back till early sun. am maybe working early mourning into the afternoon will work better next week.......