FedEx Freight | Estes & Yrcw Why

slider

The Purple Promise
Credits
I don't understand why a competitor would enter in a lease back. Why give them the capital to stay afloat? Do I not see the big picture.:duh:

I don't understand why a competitor would enter in a lease back. Why give them the capital to stay afloat? Do I not see the big picture.:duh:

what? explain yourself is this what your trying to say,estes and yellow are going to lease there equipment? what dumb fool would lease anything to them.:duh:

Because Estes is making money on the deal or feel they will make money in the future on the deal.

I understand the lease back idea. But why would a competitor give you the money. Wouldn't that be like Fedex buying UPS terminals then leasing it back to UPS.

I understand the lease back idea. But why would a competitor give you the money. Wouldn't that be like Fedex buying UPS terminals then leasing it back to UPS.
ya eastes has a real estate holdings div. they buy the terminals in ? and lease them back to yellow yellow now rights off terminal expense on tax while eastes rights off acquisition fess such as closing extras now if yellow goes out they own the property and can lease or move in no dealing with banks they own it win win for eastes if they have enough capitol to buy it and pay taxs on it a few years down the road they could if the need be sell it

Because Rob who owns estes sees it as an opportunity to have ready made terminals if and I mean IF YRC fails. Estes has outgrown some of the terminals that they are in already so he sees it as an opportunity to purchase bigger terminals rather than build. I personally think it is a real shady deal. Estes is so anti "u" that I cant help to think that he bought these terminals out of greed and possibly push the demize of YRC .. kind of sad if you ask me.

it is mainly a "tax" thing. the whole way of "hiding" money from Uncle Sam. I got this from a 30+ year tax pro.

Because Rob who owns estes sees it as an opportunity to have ready made terminals if and I mean IF YRC fails. Estes has outgrown some of the terminals that they are in already so he sees it as an opportunity to purchase bigger terminals rather than build. I personally think it is a real shady deal. Estes is so anti "u" that I cant help to think that he bought these terminals out of greed and possibly push the demize of YRC .. kind of sad if you ask me.

You avatar is hipnotizing:biglaugh:

wonderring99 :smilie_132:

Maybe it is the other way around.
If Estes is so anti U like you claim, then it would make sense for Estes to help YRCW stay afloat a few more years. Because if and when YRCW shuts down the retirees will starve to death unless the U can take over Estes, ODFL, FXF etc. etc. to keep the pensions going.

:popcorn:

Listen guys, even though we are all competitors, the top echalon of every company goes to play the same 18 holes on the weekend, and has eachothers phone #'s on speed dial.

UPSF has been delivering stuff for Yellow and Roadway, Conway, for years, as well as Fed Ex, The SCAC Codes appear in the body of our bills.

Just as our SCS division uses all carriers for pickup and delivery ( the cheapest at the time for the area being covered) At UPSF we see little from UPS SCS,( because we are to expensive) and YRC see's a ton of stuff, just as Fed Ex and Conway.

We see Con Way longhaul in our hubs carrying our freight ( LTL) .

wonderring99 :smilie_132:

Maybe it is the other way around.
If Estes is so anti U like you claim, then it would make sense for Estes to help YRCW stay afloat a few more years. Because if and when YRCW shuts down the retirees will starve to death unless the U can take over Estes, ODFL, FXF etc. etc. to keep the pensions going.

:popcorn:
My Teamsters pension was put in my own IRA .
Their are more funds then the C S F.

a