ODFL | Everybody Has A Price !

Ozarkmutt

TB Lurker
Credits
Look like Watkins rumor finally laid to rest as they were sold for 750 million to Fed Ex. How long was this rumor flying ?

The WSKT rumor was going on before I retired in 2000 and Navajo was moving equiment 1 way out of Chicago and closing several terminals (duplicates) for almost a year before they announced the buyout.

Same with Carter and Sons

Anybody know all the companies purchased ? and when ?

1) Navajo 1995

2) ACX ?

) Carter ?

4) WSKT 2005

5) UWX 20006

I remember Coggins/Fredrickson/Skyline who are the others ?

Dont know what year Carter was done with, but I pulled one of their old pups the other month on a P/D route. Boy, that door had seen better days!

Does anyone here think we'll be bought out eventually? I could only see UPSF being interested in our operation down the road, otherwise I think we're going to be left alone to become a top freight mover.

Few More

O.D. bought Barnes,Nilson,and White in 1969.Star in72,Deaton in79,Navajo in 95,Freddy in98.I am missing several,at least 4 more.I BEEN AROUND SON.

More

Goggin in 98,Skyline 99,NationsWay 99,Carter 2001,UW 2005.Still missing some from middle 60's.And I was told your memory was the first to go.

JIM BOB said:
Goggin in 98,Skyline 99,NationsWay 99,Carter 2001,UW 2005.Still missing some from middle 60's.And I was told your memory was the first to go.

Nationsway was not purchased they went out of business.

Cityman correct

Cityman correct,O.D.bought their Texas terminal for 3.65 million at bankruptcy auction,according to online history.I had to go back and check that one.

Next 3 Or 4

Next 3 or 4 years going to be real interesting in trucking.I'll read about it here because I'll be LONG GONE.

What will this version of FXF be called? Fed-Ex Southern LTL?!? They've got to be running low on names these days.

I really hope they dont sell. I like the way the family runs the bussines. I think if they sell it will turn to a board of directors who make bad decisions. The way it is now the family has an interest in making the right decisions for the company. John Y. is young enough to want to keep the company. I like the way things are going. They always give good raises and add to my 401k every year. I do agree th next few years will be interesting.

Fredrickson Motor Express was not bought out by ODFL, some of the assets were aquired.

Alot of FMEC employees went to work for ODFL

Not me I bailed out to AF a few months before they went under.

kbigdog said:
I really hope they dont sell. I like the way the family runs the bussines. I think if they sell it will turn to a board of directors who make bad decisions. The way it is now the family has an interest in making the right decisions for the company. John Y. is young enough to want to keep the company. I like the way things are going. They always give good raises and add to my 401k every year. I do agree th next few years will be interesting.

I am optimistic for now anyway

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/h?s=ODFL

the family has a lot to gain by continuing growth of the corporation. Just like the Hot Growth article says lots of room for continual growth. I would think OD would call for a premium price.

Jeff said:
Fredrickson Motor Express was not bought out by ODFL, some of the assets were aquired.

Alot of FMEC employees went to work for ODFL

Not me I bailed out to AF a few months before they went under.
ODFL went to the aid of all of the freddy people when they went to the bank and tried to cash their checks and whoops they turned into rubber!OD came to their rescue and payed all of their checks then bought some of their eqiupment then auctioned off the rest.:bgroovy: The Power Of OD (Your One Source)

Nobody has mentioned Rapid Transport, OD Furniture Express, or the reason OD moved from Richmond to High Point in the early 60's, Bottoms-Fiske... And the rumor now is we are in danger of being aquired by DHL.

Alley Cat said:
Nobody has mentioned Rapid Transport, OD Furniture Express, or the reason OD moved from Richmond to High Point in the early 60's, Bottoms-Fiske... And the rumor now is we are in danger of being aquired by DHL.

Welcome to the boards Alley Cat.

Try not to pay too much attention to DHL rumors. At some point in the past 5 years it's been rumored that DHL was going to buy just about every company out there

Alley Cat said:
Rapid merged with OD freight,OD furn was sold because of the lack of profits,they moved to NC to broaden their horizons,bottoms was aquired just like so many in the past few years and DHL ain't buying OD!

FYI not to walk all over the love fest here but we still don't get O.T.
20% less in milage
40% less for drop and hook
70% less for fuel
delay pay is insulting
breakdown pay is laughable
(you have to laugh when you want to cry)
I like many drivers am just waiting for another co. to start hiring LH drivers and I'll be running fro the hills.

Another experienced driver gone. don't worry we have plenty of dock workers getting their license.