XPO | Ex ODFL VP joins XPO

and that's what management think too "A driver is a driver" and that kind of thinking is what has hurt this industry. Ask yourself why are we not considered a Trade like a carpenter, plumber, or electrician?
Not all driver are the same because my CDL doesn't have the "E" restriction on it.

OK. Given a route with a set value to the company, fixed mileage, and a fixed time window....why should a driver with 20 years experience get more pay than one with 2 or 3 years?

If two guys drive the same freight the same miles in the same time; why should one be paid more?

OK. Given a route with a set value to the company, fixed mileage, and a fixed time window....why should a driver with 20 years experience get more pay than one with 2 or 3 years?

If two guys drive the same freight the same miles in the same time; why should one be paid more?
Because the driver with more time is at top scale?

Ok give the same house why are master carpenter, plumbers and electrician paid more then journeymen?
They are all building the same house.

I have to ask how many years have you been a CDL driver

This is a problem I have a 400 mile run an turn I can start any time past 5pm to a dark terminal I been driving for 20yrs I have a driver right out of school say's I just did the same thing as u I should be paid the same and I say y because I did the same thing next night he hit a deer rolled them good thing there emptys and I asked him y he said I didn't know what to do when it ran out I front of me