Yellow | EXTRA BOARD FIRST IN FIRST OUT!! WHY/WHY NOT??

YRC New Booty

TB Lurker
Credits
Been here going on 3months, I'm not doing as bad as most people told me I'd do. I'm averaging about $900 a week net, and brung home as much as $1600 and as little as $300 due to holiday slow down, in which I sat for a week but got paid for the holiday and one run. NOW.....sitting for a week and checking the board everyday and hearing the same drivers being called not once but 3 and 4 times while I'm sitting at house scratching my @$$. I do understand how seniority works and respect it when it comes to bidding......but I believe extra board should be first in first out to retain new drivers and attract new drivers because the word on the streets is "It'll Take You 20years to make money at a Union job" making private fleets like Walmart and non union ltl carriers like Old Dominion with first in first out more attractive.

I personally like hog boards. Why should a senior driver get starved out with the rest of the new guys. If it's slow they need to lay off whether it's a hog board or a wheel. If you were working on the city side and there wasn't enough to do you would sit home. You wouldn't go ahead of a senior guy in the city. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
I personally like hog boards. Why should a senior driver get starved out with the rest of the new guys. If it's slow they need to lay off whether it's a hog board or a wheel. If you were working on the city side and there wasn't enough to do you would sit home. You wouldn't go ahead of a senior guy in the city. Just my opinion.
How much do you really need,I get what your saying,but how would we keep people if they sit home,seniority shall always prevail.Take a day off .You deserve it.

How much do you really need,I get what your saying,but how would we keep people if they sit home,seniority shall always prevail.Take a day off .You deserve it.

Why do you think it is that these guys on average get 6 to 12 retirement checks and drop dead. They don't pace themselves for the long run of their life. They would rather come in every day and remind the new guys, that they have 30 years in and can retire anytime they want. Greed is one of those seven deadly sins.

I used to always hear back then sr guys would take off to help keep JR guys working. That was then those same JR guys then don't have the same mentality towards the current JRs.

I just know they would laugh you down in the city side if you was to bring up a wheel board to make sure everyone gets to work. Seniority gets you the better schedule and hours. Why should it be any different for the road? I used to be a road guy in KC myself. I started at 363 on a board of almost 400 at the time. I sat plenty myself. Everybody paid their dues at one time or another.

Been here going on 3months, I'm not doing as bad as most people told me I'd do. I'm averaging about $900 a week net, and brung home as much as $1600 and as little as $300 due to holiday slow down, in which I sat for a week but got paid for the holiday and one run. NOW.....sitting for a week and checking the board everyday and hearing the same drivers being called not once but 3 and 4 times while I'm sitting at house scratching my @$$. I do understand how seniority works and respect it when it comes to bidding......but I believe extra board should be first in first out to retain new drivers and attract new drivers because the word on the streets is "It'll Take You 20years to make money at a Union job" making private fleets like Walmart and non union ltl carriers like Old Dominion with first in first out more attractive.
Yeah, it will....that's why after 29 years I'm still here and worked to build that senority. ...Senority....Its great when you have it, but sucks when you don't. Hang in there and you will get it.
Took me 5 years to get my 1st bid....we have drivers at 402 who are getting a bid now with less than 1 year of senority.....KK

Seniority prevails, if the junior drivers don't like it find a new job.

There are always some drivers who attain seniority and then use it like a club to beat down anyone junior to them. On the other hand it's always a nice thing when senior drivers notice that a junior man isn't getting out and they book off once in a while to let the junior guy get a few crumbs. After all, aren't we supposedly a "brotherhood"?

There are always some drivers who attain seniority and then use it like a club to beat down anyone junior to them. On the other hand it's always a nice thing when senior drivers notice that a junior man isn't getting out and they book off once in a while to let the junior guy get a few crumbs. After all, aren't we supposedly a "brotherhood"?

My Brothers & Sisters at ATL 402 know my bid is available every Thursday night at the 18:00 call block since August, as I take my vacation time off for Friday Night Lights...Many more use that 6th trip option like a holiday (LOL)....Down here, we do try to help out.....KK

My Brothers & Sisters at ATL 402 know my bid is available every Thursday night at the 18:00 call block since August, as I take my vacation time off for Friday Night Lights...Many more use that 6th trip option like a holiday (LOL)....Down here, we do try to help out.....KK

That's commendable, I tip my hat to you for that. Many years ago I had a five day turn bid, Tuesday thru Saturday morning start. I regularly booked off the Saturday trip so someone else would work. Only trouble was that usually a top seniority guy would take it for his sixth trip. On the other hand, on another job when I was low man, many times senior guys (including my steward) would go home at the morning shape so I'd be able to work when it was slow. I'll never forget those guys and the way they did that. That's what real brotherhood is about in my opinion.

Took words out of my fingertips for reply to mud but was thinking some guys just don't care for others. We don't even run a hog board at holland and if I hear a JR man has had a :shit:ty week and I'm covering a bid I will burn a day on Friday so they won't leave him at home. Amen driver AMEN.