FedEx Freight | Extra board info

And I was talking about a driver that had just come from a six hour run with five hours drive time still available, standing at the dispatch window, being told to go home while they are handing a kick out to a dock driver. Affected a group of six road drivers all with 20 years with the company. Decision to do this came from higher up than OM.
When I said dock/driver, I was referring to people not on the road board, but dock workers that get used when road drivers aren’t available.
Yeah, that’s BS!! I’d have filed on the run and got paid, would’ve been the last time that happened!!

I guess I have to ask what you consider a small check. In still pretty new here and I know I haven't reached my full earning potential.

ok, we'll that's about what I'm making now, so maybe I should stay put
See what xtra # you might be.
Might not be worthwhile if you can get a regular bid not as last guy.
Xtra has been kicking my ass the past 8 weeks and I'm in top 20%.
Either short runs or long days as last guy mid range miles or cancelled on longer runs.

So jan and feb are slow.
Last 2 months have been weak for xtra. Some days you score a long run, some days barely anything avail.
Seems like if you can get a mid distance bid, that would be the safest unless you dont mind the risk of occasional small paycheck.
Somedays it's hard to tell. Our center called just 1 extraboard for the AM today. Tonight ALL were used. And I thought it was going to be a slow day.