Fatal driver of a car that hit the tail of a Semi that had run out of fuel,in NC.

I just don't get it. Maybe I'm just old. WTH happened to pulling over when you have trouble? Yeah, yeah it can be difficult with traffic, but that car was doing 65, so that tells me there was no real traffic.
When we (my generation) had car trouble, we pulled over or if stopped in traffic, we would ( hold on to your hats) get out and push.....WTF????!!....yes you heard me...actually get out of the car and push...if we were alone, we'd get out and push on the A pillar and steer the wheel...gasp...uh huh....ahhhh the old days....

earlier this morning, i was taking my niece to school. traffic was backed up on the southbound lanes..unusual, as all traffic at that time, is northbound.

so i quickly took an exit. on the radio, it said a car had broken down, part way in the right lane and right shoulder...here too, NO traffic south, yet the moron ar driver couldn't get over..???

as for the trucker, he needs to be fired.

seriously, he didn't check his fuel..??

i can most certainly see a civil lawsuit against him, and a huge lawsuit against his company.

this crap will never end, the stupidity of some (possible) newbies/rookies.

I just don't get it. Maybe I'm just old. WTH happened to pulling over when you have trouble? Yeah, yeah it can be difficult with traffic, but that car was doing 65, so that tells me there was no real traffic.
When we (my generation) had car trouble, we pulled over or if stopped in traffic, we would ( hold on to your hats) get out and push.....WTF????!!....yes you heard me...actually get out of the car and push...if we were alone, we'd get out and push on the A pillar and steer the wheel...gasp...uh huh....ahhhh the old days....
I watched two young men push a car down the road yesterday, with a third young man in the car steering. One of the pushers could only push with one hand, as he needed his other hand to keep pulling his pants back up.

You don't have to do that anymore??? I gotta get caught up with the times.

In the old days my woman could steer while I pushed but now that everything has power steering I have to steer while they push.

Am I the only one that PAID ATTENTION to the "news article"??

The "news article picture" CLEARLY SHOWS the accident happened in the Granny Lane, unless the car driver was travelling exceedingly FASTER and relocated the combo TO the Granny Lane.
Since when does the Granny Lane (of a 3 lane direction road) become the "Center Lane"????
The North Carolina Highway Patrol said a tractor trailer ran out of fuel and was stopped in the center lane of the interstate. A 26-year-old man from Charlotte was traveling northbound at 65 miles per hour when he hit the truck.

Am I the only one that PAID ATTENTION to the "news article"??

The "news article picture" CLEARLY SHOWS the accident happened in the Granny Lane, unless the car driver was travelling exceedingly FASTER and relocated the combo TO the Granny Lane.
Since when does the Granny Lane (of a 3 lane direction road) become the "Center Lane"????
The North Carolina Highway Patrol said a tractor trailer ran out of fuel and was stopped in the center lane of the interstate. A 26-year-old man from Charlotte was traveling northbound at 65 miles per hour when he hit the truck.
actually Cerb, i did re-look at the pic. where the 2 guys are standing, i can clearly see a broken white line, not a solid one, indicating the shoulder.

I'm Sorry everyone, I focused on a pointless bit of the article considering what occurred.​

The 26 year old car driver may have been distracted and therefore accidentally committed *******.

It's extremely SAD when ANY DRIVER OF ANY VEHICLE cannot see a PARKED vehicle.
I understand at night everyone has a problem seeing a unlit PARKED vehicle, yet PLEASE SLOW DOWN!!
The FACT that the pathetic excuse of a Truck driver simply stopped in a travel lane (because he ran out of fuel) CLEARLY DEMONSTRATES the person or persons need not continue driving anything beyond a mop bucket in prison.

It's a very sad state of events because Trucking has become "just another *J.O.B.*" in that anyone with a pulse can get a driving *J.O.B.* as has been clearly evidenced and, sadly, will continue.
Trucking ain't what it was and shall NEVER again be!

*J.O.B.* = Just Over Broke​

THE LIFE YOU SAVE MAY BE YOURS!!