XPO | Fear and loathing.

whip1

TB Regular
Credits
I've only been here a short while, but it seems like a lot of people are acting like the sky is falling. I keep seeing negative comment after negative comment. People saying wages, benefits, and jobs will be slashed. XPO has 30,000 customers. The majority said they wanted LTL options. If only 10,000 of the customers use XPO's LTL division, we'll be busier than ever. If that happens, I see no reason why any compensation would be cut. In fact, I see raises. They have 80,000 employees. We could get better and less expensive benefits. I'm saddened by the way people seem to enjoy bringing others down.

I've only been here a short while, but it seems like a lot of people are acting like the sky is falling. I keep seeing negative comment after negative comment. People saying wages, benefits, and jobs will be slashed. XPO has 30,000 customers. The majority said they wanted LTL options. If only 10,000 of the customers use XPO's LTL division, we'll be busier than ever. If that happens, I see no reason why any compensation would be cut. In fact, I see raises. They have 80,000 employees. We could get better and less expensive benefits. I'm saddened by the way people seem to enjoy bringing others down.
Good post keep the faith as you said, it has only been a few days, time will tell. I think things will be different in a good way for you all.

Just look at the History of any buyout , the company getting bought out gets the shaft , just the way it is ,weather it be, airlines, breweries , or trucking !! goggle buyout history !

I don't think the sky is falling but I am getting nervous. Why? Well we all got a 10 cent hat, whoohoo. We are supposed to get uniforms maybe next month, but we can only have 3 pants/shorts, what a huge cost savings there. The biggest reason I am nervous is the lack of information and only rumors, new management has not even come out to tell us the rumors are false. I have been around the industry my whole life and driving for 16 years, and as the previous poster noted buyouts rarely go well for the company that got bought. I am going to try to hold on a little longer but if management will not talk to us soon I have a feeling a lot of drivers are going to walk. The fake poster faq posted at our barn is not enough. Where is this company going? What changes can we expect? Is p&d changing? Is linehaul changing? When are we going to ditch conways dumb optimizer? All qustions that we are expected to sit around and wait for. Why? Because we are just dumb drivers/dock workers we don't deserve answers, and how dare we ask. Sorry but I have not seen anything good yet, I know it's early but dang just tell us what's what.

It's the human condition and getting worse...

I dont have a horse in this race, but I would be concerned about your parent company not posting a net profit in 16(?) quarters and your parent company's soaring debt/equity ratio. I'm sure your LTL business will thrive in tonnage/revenue, but your creditors/stockholders will get theirs one way or another.

Jacobs has a proven history of making profitable companies . Yes we was bought out but we was purchased to fill a gap not to buyout competition,there is nobody to dovetail with .From what I've seen from past, it isn't good when a ltl buys out another ltl but this is different . The man hasn't lied yet . We can't control anything ,so why worry? Enjoy the ride

Jacobs has a proven history of making profitable companies . Yes we was bought out but we was purchased to fill a gap not to buyout competition,there is nobody to dovetail with .From what I've seen from past, it isn't good when a ltl buys out another ltl but this is different . The man hasn't lied yet . We can't control anything ,so why worry? Enjoy the ride
They use to say the same thing about Bill Zollars. He almost put YRC out of business.

I dont have a horse in this race, but I would be concerned about your parent company not posting a net profit in 16(?) quarters and your parent company's soaring debt/equity ratio. I'm sure your LTL business will thrive in tonnage/revenue, but your creditors/stockholders will get theirs one way or another.
Now the truth comes out...

Tell me where this guy is making companies profitable when I here this guy has not shown a profit in 4 yrs according to some.just saying lm confused

I don't think the sky is falling but I am getting nervous. Why? Well we all got a 10 cent hat, whoohoo. We are supposed to get uniforms maybe next month, but we can only have 3 pants/shorts, what a huge cost savings there. The biggest reason I am nervous is the lack of information and only rumors, new management has not even come out to tell us the rumors are false. I have been around the industry my whole life and driving for 16 years, and as the previous poster noted buyouts rarely go well for the company that got bought. I am going to try to hold on a little longer but if management will not talk to us soon I have a feeling a lot of drivers are going to walk. The fake poster faq posted at our barn is not enough. Where is this company going? What changes can we expect? Is p&d changing? Is linehaul changing? When are we going to ditch conways dumb optimizer? All qustions that we are expected to sit around and wait for. Why? Because we are just dumb drivers/dock workers we don't deserve answers, and how dare we ask. Sorry but I have not seen anything good yet, I know it's early but dang just tell us what's what.
It's only natural to be worried...

Tell me where this guy is making companies profitable when I here this guy has not shown a profit in 4 yrs according to some.just saying lm confused
he built united waste mangement and made a boat load of money (2 billon) and built united rentals . both of these companies have healthy stock prices . The guy is spending money like a drunk sailor but that is what he does , spend the banks money and merges companies . There is all kinds of info out there and it can be twisted however a person wants to twist it . Guess we will know in a few year

What is it with con-way/xpo's lack of communication with their employees?

Why aren't they saying anything to us? Why hasn't our president even addressed us?

Why hasn't he even announced the new uniforms to us officially?

How about telling us about all those trucks we were suppose to get? What about those handhelds?

When does rebranding start? Where?

Where's all that XPO freight volume at?

When are we going to do job selection? Is it going to remain the same? Are they going to actually use names this time instead of employee number?

stop worrying just do your job this buy out is nothing like yellow buying out roadway that was a disaster from the start.After 30 yrs here, i am so glad the president of con-way is finally gone STOTLAR RUIN THIS COMPANY. And that alone will make you a better company

I haven't experienced a single change from when Stotlar was here and today. Not a single one.

What is it with con-way/xpo's lack of communication with their employees?

Why aren't they saying anything to us? Why hasn't our president even addressed us?

Why hasn't he even announced the new uniforms to us officially?

How about telling us about all those trucks we were suppose to get? What about those handhelds?

When does rebranding start? Where?

Where's all that XPO freight volume at?

When are we going to do job selection? Is it going to remain the same? Are they going to actually use names this time instead of employee number?

XPO has been totally quiet since the acquisition was finalized. Which is really strange. You'll hear rumors here and there but no way to know if they're accurate.

JSP has started this week at my barn. No changes in our bids..which I don't like considering how much things could/may change over the next year.

After watching a safety video, I took a picture of the sign off sheet with all the names/employee numbers. I reference it when guys are bidding ahead of me.

hopefully when there is change it will be better than the change that happen to us.you do remember that when we lost our pensions,vacations, raises,turn trucks down,oh but Stotlar got his money what was that 21mil.I Really pray it will be better for you guys and i think it will,give it a little bit of time at least more than a week.I Think they have made some changes they are not so top heavy in management

The reason people are so negative on here is many have worked at Conway for years and decades. It's like a battered woman with a new boyfriend, she naturally assumes she gonna get battered til it doesn't happen. Same here. If XPO treats us better it'll slow way down, otherwise get used to it!

The biggest reason I am nervous is the lack of information and only rumors, new management has not even come out to tell us the rumors are false.

That's because the rumors aren't from the new management. I think it's asking too much for them to keep up with the trucker rumor mill.

The fake poster faq posted at our barn is not enough. Where is this company going? What changes can we expect? Is p&d changing? Is linehaul changing? When are we going to ditch conways dumb optimizer? All qustions that we are expected to sit around and wait for. Why?

What if they don't know the answers yet? They are getting into a new business with a huge company- is it realistic to expect them to have those answers after a week or a month or even a year? XPO is on the hook for a lot of money and needs us to stay profitable- you're not going to see rushed decisions or huge changes all at once.

They've said keep doing what you're doing until we tell you to do something else. People are putting themselves under an awful lot of stress about what might happen.

I am going to try to hold on a little longer but if management will not talk to us soon I have a feeling a lot of drivers are going to walk... Why? Because we are just dumb drivers/dock workers we don't deserve answers, and how dare we ask. Sorry but I have not seen anything good yet, I know it's early but dang just tell us what's what.

That'd be a huge gamble, since one of the few things Jacobs has said is that he thinks Con-way treated its drivers well and he doesn't want to mess with that.

Personally, I think if all the drivers constantly whining about respect and how they are constantly oppressed wanted to walk out, I'd hold the door for them.