XPO | Fear and loathing.

look i wish you drivers all the best,i do not work here anymore i retired but what they did to the drivers that built this company was a crime.i just hope you guys can turn it around and maybe with a positive out look might help

XPO has been totally quiet since the acquisition was finalized. Which is really strange. You'll hear rumors here and there but no way to know if they're accurate.

JSP has started this week at my barn. No changes in our bids..which I don't like considering how much things could/may change over the next year.

After watching a safety video, I took a picture of the sign off sheet with all the names/employee numbers. I reference it when guys are bidding ahead of me.

Smart. I don't understand why they feel a need to keep us blind to what other people have bid. There are a lot of people that don't get along. They should be able to steer clear of each other when possible. Say like, for a year.

I don't think the sky is falling but I am getting nervous. Why? Well we all got a 10 cent hat, whoohoo. We are supposed to get uniforms maybe next month, but we can only have 3 pants/shorts, what a huge cost savings there. The biggest reason I am nervous is the lack of information and only rumors, new management has not even come out to tell us the rumors are false. I have been around the industry my whole life and driving for 16 years, and as the previous poster noted buyouts rarely go well for the company that got bought. I am going to try to hold on a little longer but if management will not talk to us soon I have a feeling a lot of drivers are going to walk. The fake poster faq posted at our barn is not enough. Where is this company going? What changes can we expect? Is p&d changing? Is linehaul changing? When are we going to ditch conways dumb optimizer? All qustions that we are expected to sit around and wait for. Why? Because we are just dumb drivers/dock workers we don't deserve answers, and how dare we ask. Sorry but I have not seen anything good yet, I know it's early but dang just tell us what's what.
We're going to sit around and wait for answer because they don't have the answers. Personally, I don't want them making decisions about operations one week after taking over. I'd hope they study it, and make decisions that are improvements. They've already said there won't be any changes in the first year as far as bids and work are concerned.

What is it with con-way/xpo's lack of communication with their employees?

Why aren't they saying anything to us? Why hasn't our president even addressed us?

Why hasn't he even announced the new uniforms to us officially?

How about telling us about all those trucks we were suppose to get? What about those handhelds?

When does rebranding start? Where?

Where's all that XPO freight volume at?

When are we going to do job selection? Is it going to remain the same? Are they going to actually use names this time instead of employee number?
The president did address us in the video. Do you expect him to visit each terminal in person? I assume he's pretty busy with a recent takeover.
The uniforms were announced. They have a flyer with pictures.
The handhelds are on schedule and will continue to roll out.
The take over isn't even two weeks old. Give the freight some time.
JSP starts in a few weeks as it always has. Nothing is going to change.
They're communicating.

Smart. I don't understand why they feel a need to keep us blind to what other people have bid. There are a lot of people that don't get along. They should be able to steer clear of each other when possible. Say like, for a year.
Last year, JSP started during the union fiasco. I was told they used numbers instead of names so they wouldn't provide a list of names for someone that would want to provide that info to the union.

Am I the only one that has a TM that shares info?

Last year, JSP started during the union fiasco. I was told they used numbers instead of names so they wouldn't provide a list of names for someone that would want to provide that info to the union.

Am I the only one that has a TM that shares info?
Nope. Numbers again this year and going forward me thinks. Bid sheets already up at my fac.

The president did address us in the video. Do you expect him to visit each terminal in person? I assume he's pretty busy with a recent takeover.
The uniforms were announced. They have a flyer with pictures.
The handhelds are on schedule and will continue to roll out.
The take over isn't even two weeks old. Give the freight some time.
JSP starts in a few weeks as it always has. Nothing is going to change.
They're communicating.

Well I was not shown a video. I don't expect him to visit every barn but when you have management that hands you a cheap hat and the only thing we were told was you are not allowed to wear your conway hat, now here are your loads. And from what I have been told the video did not say anything at all. I am not asking for changes to be made in a week, but come on a cheap a$$ hat and nothing but rumors. Come on. At least give us an idea of where we might be going.

Well I was not shown a video. I don't expect him to visit every barn but when you have management that hands you a cheap hat and the only thing we were told was you are not allowed to wear your conway hat, now here are your loads. And from what I have been told the video did not say anything at all. I am not asking for changes to be made in a week, but come on a cheap a$$ hat and nothing but rumors. Come on. At least give us an idea of where we might be going.

Agreed. There is a general feeling that the effort given towards drivers was minimal or insufficient. Most of this stems from his statement of showing love. People are expecting something. And they got a hat.

Agreed. There is a general feeling that the effort given towards drivers was minimal or insufficient. Most of this stems from his statement of showing love. People are expecting something. And they got a hat.

Troll here. Maybe XPO is just taking it all in. The mgt layoff was a no brainer as duplication was easy to identify. I can't speak for your new owners, but I go into new endeavors with mouth shut, eyes and ears open. It's been two (slow freight) weeks. Maybe they want you to be able to enjoy the holidays instead of adding hours to your weeks with new technology & procedures. Be ecstatic no doors shut and locked.

What would have been sufficient effort?

Actually, everyone goes through a 'honeymoon' with a new job- and everybody hates change. So, when your honeymoon has ended, it makes change even more hard to take, and "the company used to be better back when I started." And so it goes....
We learned of the purchase two months ago, and have only been a part of XPO for two weeks. The new management is still going thru a learning curve and won't make vast changes until later. They should wait and give themselves time to learn the business and culture before making change for the sake of change.

Now we, as seasoned employees, are like the goldfish swimming in the blender- panicky that someone is going to turn the switch to ON.
We don't like change, we don't know what is gonna happen, everything was better in the old days, and oh yeah, don't step on my lawn!

You're right with the other points but I just want to point out..

You got to see a video from Tony Brooks? Tony Brooks is OUR president not Brad Jacobs. Brad Jacobs is our CEO.

I don't think the sky is falling but I am getting nervous. Why? Well we all got a 10 cent hat, whoohoo. We are supposed to get uniforms maybe next month, but we can only have 3 pants/shorts, what a huge cost savings there. The biggest reason I am nervous is the lack of information and only rumors, new management has not even come out to tell us the rumors are false. I have been around the industry my whole life and driving for 16 years, and as the previous poster noted buyouts rarely go well for the company that got bought. I am going to try to hold on a little longer but if management will not talk to us soon I have a feeling a lot of drivers are going to walk. The fake poster faq posted at our barn is not enough. Where is this company going? What changes can we expect? Is p&d changing? Is linehaul changing? When are we going to ditch conways dumb optimizer? All qustions that we are expected to sit around and wait for. Why? Because we are just dumb drivers/dock workers we don't deserve answers, and how dare we ask. Sorry but I have not seen anything good yet, I know it's early but dang just tell us what's what.
Amen brother, Amen!

I thought the title "Fear and loathing" was outstanding, it is only a shame that some of the posts did not live up to the title....well done sir!

I can concede that it made for a good title. Likely got a lot of clicks. But the substance was certainly lacking.

In short. Agreed.