FedEx Freight | Fedex National Driver here

Starting monday the 20th. they will unveil their reconfiguration plans, who can go where and how many can go. Then where we all shake out if all freight is followed in. I went through this a couple of years ago - lots to think about and 14 days to decide. That is exactly the amount of time I had to decide.

We have 98 long runs and we have 10 dock combo runs at the moment in Cincy. I don't know how many runs they have at Freight in Fairfield but all of our freight suppose to transfer up there from both locations. I was wondering how many years the highest senior driver at Freight in Fairfield has does anyone know because they will be hurt the worst.

Dont quote me but I believe the longest service in Fairfield is 1993. I am thinking thats when they started here as AF and I know one of the original hires is still there. Could even be 1992.

I am out of the Cincinnati Terminal was wondering what is your highest seniority for line-haul drivers? I will tell you how it stands with are seniority. Our first driver started in March of 1987, 53rd driver started in April of 1998, 110th driver started in July of 2008 so this might give you a little taste of what is to come out of just Cincy.
is that your road seniority or company dates ?

hey yrc driver here..i wanted to let you a lot of us guys here wish the best for you all.its a shame what all the corporations are doing to the working men and women of this country.

My heart and prayers go out to everyone being displaced.

Someone please explain how many of the displaced peeps will be drivers.....makes no sense. I am a new freight driver and i look at it like this. Fed Ex is not loosing ANY freight volume by doing this. They had x amount of freight before merger and they are going to have x amount of freight after. They needed Y amount of trucks to move that freight before and will need y amount of trucks after. I do not see how the drivers are going to be greatly affected. The people that will not be neede when terminals close are the management and office workers.

There are many out here that won't move for a job. I don't blame them. I tried it and it didn't stick. When some of the NTL terminals are closed, the only option will be drivers going away because the freight lanes will change.

Take CCN (NTL Cincinnati terminal), they are closing and the drivers will be offered Columbus (plus a few others). That's 90-120 mile away, depending on where you live. That's a long drive for a short run.

There are many out here that won't move for a job. I don't blame them. I tried it and it didn't stick. When some of the NTL terminals are closed, the only option will be drivers going away because the freight lanes will change.

Take CCN (NTL Cincinnati terminal), they are closing and the drivers will be offered Columbus (plus a few others). That's 90-120 mile away, depending on where you live. That's a long drive for a short run.

True but you will never make more money as a company driver any where else..tough to give up.

That's what I thought when I moved to Aurora NE. Everything went south, including my marriage (due in part to the move). I was lucky enough to be able to move back to my home in the KC area and keep my job. I won't try that crap again. If this move eliminates my employment, I'll look for another job.

There's more to life than making money.

That's what I thought when I moved to Aurora NE. Everything went south, including my marriage (due in part to the move). I was lucky enough to be able to move back to my home in the KC area and keep my job. I won't try that crap again. If this move eliminates my employment, I'll look for another job.

There's more to life than making money.
You're damn right there is!!!!!!!!

I've been commuting 75 miles round trip every day for the last couple years. I'm a little excited to cut that by 65 in January. (If I still have a job.)

I am new to National as well.. Thats a big part but another part is the unwillingness or unablenss for the older drivers to adapt to some sort of dock combo run.... Which is the only way they can move the freight efficiently .. I could be wrong please help me here... It is sort of a shakedown to get rid of a lot of older guys to bring in newer younger guys willing to work harder for a bid run ??? Am I wrong ???