FedEx Freight | Fedex using a union outfit to move freight

braves2424

TB Lurker
Credits
I cannot believe they will sit there and tell you how much they do not want the union here but they have no problem using a union outfit to move freight. So we had our meeting about the union like most of us did. They were telling us the only thing the union wants is your money and if you guys aren't happy you could go on strike and that would hurt the customer. Well they are allowing the union to hurt the customer on a weekly basis because the freight is a day late most of the time. And in some cases, four to five days late. Why are they paying them to move empty trailers and not us?

Norfolk Southern is union. We are getting freight from Chicago off the rail and we are taking them empty trailer's to send back.

And you can bet they have agreed to the terms via written contract, just like every service FedEx uses, except ours.

They only use union when it works in their best interest, but they don't want to use union because that would be in our best interest! Hypocrites!!!!

(Is there a non union rail line?

Guardrail)

Yea, but I'm pretty sure that's not the point. They should never have used it then if they were so adamant about union services. They are ok with using the union rail to save money and eliminate jobs, but they don't want you guys to have the union in their house. Pretty funny

Guardrail)

Yea, but I'm pretty sure that's not the point. They should never have used it then if they were so adamant about union services. They are ok with using the union rail to save money and eliminate jobs, but they don't want you guys to have the union in their house. Pretty funny

And you are ok with jobs going away to the rail?

Our contract has wording on how much of our work can be moved by rail and cartage. Thats why a contract would be good for you guys.

Norfolk Southern is union. We are getting freight from Chicago off the rail and we are taking them empty trailer's to send

If you hand an ounce of intelligence you would know what the difference is. Once again turning every thing around to make company look bad. Just give us all a break and QUIT

Guardrail)

You guys really don't have a clue. FedEx doesn't give a **** about the union. They care about one thing, cost. The fact you are talking about the union goes to raising the cost of employee compensation. The fact that the rail is union has no bearing on cost. If there was a non union rail line that could offer similar services at a reduced cost, FedEx would use them.

Guardrail