FedEx Freight | Fedex using a union outfit to move freight

Really that's all that you want accomplished? And have those said petty write ups done anything more than tick people off. Anyone get fired? Have you tried reverse psycology on them?

You mean like if we started our own corrective action folders on every supervisor, we could fire them if we were having a bad day too?

Us road drivers at upsf have some protection on this new contract that went into effect. If a road driver don't get out on a run we can now work on the dock and get 8 hours on the dock for that day. So if part timers have to get sent home for the day so we can get our hours that's what happens.

What premium results........name 1 that you will be guaranteed if the union is voted in.

I've said before, If we could eliminate the fear, and get high percentages of YES votes, I thinke could easily get a contract to match UPSF Pay (at some centers) and benefits at all centers, as well as very limited use of purchase transportation, as well as written rules we agree to. rules that last.

But you're one of the guys that want guarantees. If we had near 100% participation, we COULD practically Guarantee those results. Since near 100% is unlikely, YOUR only guarantee will be more of the same, if we don't get representation, Period. That's your guarantee.

Us road drivers at upsf have some protection on this new contract that went into effect. If a road driver don't get out on a run we can now work on the dock and get 8 hours on the dock for that day. So if part timers have to get sent home for the day so we can get our hours that's what happens.
I'm thinking we already have this option as well. But I am sure someone will correct me. ..

Yeah, till FedEx changes that rule too, with or without notice.
I hear ya, but at the same time I would be interested in how many other procedures are similar. .I would love for fedex to have a limit on pt and rail use. I also wish the hubs would quit loading pt trailers before bids..

I've said before, If we could eliminate the fear, and get high percentages of YES votes, I thinke could easily get a contract to match UPSF Pay (at some centers) and benefits at all centers, as well as very limited use of purchase transportation, as well as written rules we agree to. rules that last.

But you're one of the guys that want guarantees. If we had near 100% participation, we COULD practically Guarantee those results. Since near 100% is unlikely, YOUR only guarantee will be more of the same, if we don't get representation, Period. That's your guarantee.

Well if you had read the whole conversation you would know that I was asking what guarantee was expected by a union vote. My personal opinion is there won't be any more than there is now. The fear you speak of.....what fear? If you do your job the way they want it there is none. That I can see. 19 years I've been here. I have yet to see someone fired that didn't deserve it. As a matter of fact there are several that I know that didn't when they should have been.

Well if you had read the whole conversation you would know that I was asking what guarantee was expected by a union vote. My personal opinion is there won't be any more than there is now. The fear you speak of.....what fear? If you do your job the way they want it there is none. That I can see. 19 years I've been here. I have yet to see someone fired that didn't deserve it. As a matter of fact there are several that I know that didn't when they should have been.

Well these guys didn't get "fired" exactly, but they sure got unemployed when Harrison changed the West and we started having to wait for the PT's to get the **** out of the way at the gate. It wasn't too bad, only half of our board......

Well these guys didn't get "fired" exactly, but they sure got unemployed when Harrison changed the West and we started having to wait for the PT's to get the **** out of the way at the gate. It wasn't too bad, only half of our board......
Now that I understand. Completely. That was a bad deal for all those involved.

well at my barn I have seen people get fired for trying to do their job.for instance a city driver pulls up to a stop all docks are full was told would be a few min. instead of him sitting there wasting time he went right down the street and made another delievery then came back to his original stop and was able to back in and get his freight off. well a few days later he get called in the office and was told he was falsifing his numbers by making his original stop look like 2 stops per the use of the brick so they fired him. 3 other drivers had the same thing happen to them. you say as long as you do your job you will not be fired. tell that to the 4 ex city drivers at my barn and you might not like the outcome. that is only 1 reason we need security from the teamsters cause we sure don't have it now.

Obviously YOU have not heard the whole conversation. I don't have time to fill you in, but if you truely care to find out, go back about 15 pages of threads to when this discussion started. You'll learn a LOT.

We all know that not everything we've dealt with happens at every center. But as you can see by the results thus far, something has been pushing us against the wall for some time. Also note: We called the Teamsters, they DIDN'T call us. Think about it...