FedEx Freight | Fedex vs Vitran

Well I remember a cover on the former monthly magazine that had the CEO of FXF Mexico on the cover. And the article expounded on the man's experience in the trucking business. He was 48 years old and had grown a company from the ground up, and then the Mothership FEDEX made him an offer. And he sold his business, and now business is booming since we have a Deep Water Port that is not subject to HSA punks. You guys eventually will get the BIG Picture. Until then "God Bless Texas" and Happy Texas Independence Day to all in Texas.

We were told several times that FXF can't own a trucking company in Mexico due to their laws. Freight picked up in the US travels through our system and is delivered by local Mexican trucking companies that we interline with. They made a big deal a year or two ago that now the local companies that are delivering the freight are connected to the computer system so customers can track their freight from pickup to delivery. Atleast this is the last we have heard about Mexico.

chitownpeddler said:
We were told several times that FXF can't own a trucking company in Mexico due to their laws. Freight picked up in the US travels through our system and is delivered by local Mexican trucking companies that we interline with. They made a big deal a year or two ago that now the local companies that are delivering the freight are connected to the computer system so customers can track their freight from pickup to delivery. Atleast this is the last we have heard about Mexico.

I dont remember that magazine cover either,I do remember they had the President of Fedex Freight Canada on the cover. I guess when there isnt much going on a little embellishment is in order.

How do you know its booming or how its run? Im curious and have never asked at work,and there is squat on the web. I have heard Canada is Union,and I have heard they ate O/O. And I have never picked up a Mexico shipment with a Mexican address on it. I assume that means we dont deliver it?

I don't know how the Mexican deal works either but I do know LIT loads 2 pups and a 53 purchase to Laredo TX. everyday. (most of it comes off the hub)
Most all those shipments have Mexican destinations on the freight bill. But I don't know what happens to it after it hits Laredo?

Phantom 309 said:
I don't know how the Mexican deal works either but I do know LIT loads 2 pups and a 53 purchase to Laredo TX. everyday. (most of it comes off the hub)
Most all those shipments have Mexican destinations on the freight bill. But I don't know what happens to it after it hits Laredo?

I wonder what the deal is? The travel copies are printed from what the pickup drivers enter in the Intermec,and I havent seen an original bol with a Mexican adress on it in 14 years. Maybe all my customers just ship it to the forwarders in Texas,that could be.

I wonder what the deal is? The travel copies are printed from what the pickup drivers enter in the Intermec,and I havent seen an original bol with a Mexican adress on it in 14 years. Maybe all my customers just ship it to the forwarders in Texas,that could be.

Yea I used to see a lot of bills come through that had a Mexican final destination, but a Texas forwarder in Laredo on there also.

We are supposed to push our Mexican business product but the last I have heard was we only deliver to the major metropolitan areas down there. I believe there are only certain "states" down there that we service as well

Well Son When The.Purple Machine Swallows Up Your Little Company Then You'll Be Living The Purple Dream That's Something You Could Look Forward Too. Since The Word On The Street Is That's In The Works.... That's Y Our Management Has Come Over Sleep Well See Ya Soon.

Sorry Purple Haze, that is not what we are seeing! We here at my Vitran Express location are seeing former (and current) FXF associates jumping the fence in a scramble to escape the "Purple Machine"! Former service center managers, sales, dockworkers and even drivers. I see and speak to FXF drivers everyday, and without any exaggeration they each tell me of the low level company morale has gone to recently. They also talk of 25 and 30 hour workweeks. Sounds to me like your purple machine isnt running too smoothly. I am getting in over 50 hours per week, so I dont look forward to 25 or 30-at least not until I am semi retired. That is the word from my street. I also have no trouble sleeping after working all those hours. Thanks for the concern though.

Sorry Purple Haze, that is not what we are seeing! We here at my Vitran Express location are seeing former (and current) FXF associates jumping the fence in a scramble to escape the "Purple Machine"! Former service center managers, sales, dockworkers and even drivers. I see and speak to FXF drivers everyday, and without any exaggeration they each tell me of the low level company morale has gone to recently. They also talk of 25 and 30 hour workweeks. Sounds to me like your purple machine isnt running too smoothly. I am getting in over 50 hours per week, so I dont look forward to 25 or 30-at least not until I am semi retired. That is the word from my street. I also have no trouble sleeping after working all those hours. Thanks for the concern though.

Well.... nanny, nanny, boo-boo.

Guardrail--Xoomin'

yes to 25 to 30 hrs a week , i do dpl to cgx 28 paid mile one way 3. 5 hrs on dock then go back to dpl it sucks.

Well boomerang, I suppose you explain the large disparity in hours as being due to the fact that we are more proficient and more efficient so we are able to do the same amount of work in much less time.:Poke:

Location,location,location. At the SBN Freight barn city guys get their forty,some get more. We have never been a high OT operation,we are busy like its summer and have a few driver trainees in the pipe.

There are 9 terminals in Chicagoland. and 2 of them are hubs.(CGX) and (CGT) And Chicago Heights (CGT) is by far the biggest terminal in the system. In fact 10% of the company's freight is handled by CGT.