Yellow | Fedx buys tnt express

LA scrap drools every time YRC limps by .

eVYWMPk.jpg

:hysterical:

Jerry Hempstead, principal of Orlando, Fla.-based Hempstead Consulting, said that most observers have long anticipated the acquisition of TNT by FedEx, ever since UPS failed in its attempt to take over TNT.

“TNT has been trying to get itself sold for years ever since it split its mail group from its express group in 2010,” he noted. “Against the ever-expanding market shares of DHL, UPS and FedEx, TNT has struggled. They have done a great job in recovering from the loss of momentum, however, that was the result of the prolonged legal battle waged over the UPS offer. In the end I don’t believe UPS fully understood the lobbying power DHL has with the EU that put a kibosh on the takeover based on anti competitive reasons.”

As for the prospects of a successful FedEx-TNT deal, he said the Fedex offer is far more likely to pass such scrutiny and will now put FedEx in a greater competitive position in Europe.

“To me it has not been ‘if’ TNT would be sold to UPS but ‘when’ and at what price,” he explained. “FedEx will get TNT at a discount over the UPS offer of 2012 if they are successful. This is a great acquisition for FedEx who has proven in the past that they can make very successful acquisitions and have them work. Flying Tigers, RPS, Parcel Direct all come to mind as acquisitions that were risky but have paid off handsomely over the years. Don’t underestimate the ability to throw obstacles in the way of this acquisition just as FedEx and UPS tried to scuttle the DHL acquisition of Airborne in 2003. Some people have long memories and are students of history. Unlike the Airborne deal this is not a matter of flights nor should it be about market share domination. This is real synergy I think between two like businesses.”

http://www.logisticsmgmt.com/article/fedex_set_to_acquire_tnt_express_expand_reach_in_europe

:bouncy:

it still has to be approved ups tried and got rejected just like dhl in the usa trying to buy yrcw way back got rejected because ups and fed x complained

Here we go again.
what ??????? years ago they did....................... fact............................... but ups fedx said it would be unfair because dhl at the time was bigger then fedx or ups so the government said no to the deal behind the scenes what's your point DA jimmy

what ??????? years ago they did....................... fact............................... but ups fedx said it would be unfair because dhl at the time was bigger then fedx or ups so the government said no to the deal behind the scenes what's your point DA jimmy

Can you provide a link to an article anywhere to verify that? Not rumors, but an actual link to real information?

PS - The only info I ever found about DHL buying any ltl outfit is this:
http://www.joc.com/trucking-logistics/ltl-shipping/deutsche-post-dhl-buys-ltl-trucker_20110603.html

Last edited:
Can you provide a link to an article anywhere to verify that? Not rumors, but an actual link to real information?

PS - The only info I ever found about DHL buying any ltl outfit is this:
http://www.joc.com/trucking-logistics/ltl-shipping/deutsche-post-dhl-buys-ltl-trucker_20110603.html

there where no links cause never happened lots of mergers and buyouts don't always make it into the media.......... 2 people where accused of insider trading at an accounting firm where an outside company was going over there books............................ I don't care its long past................... and I also now from my classmate at dhl corporate office after the deal didn't go because they new it wouldn't be approved by govt. regulatory approval because UPS and FEDX where raising hell about it ..........she said I almost would be where red and yellow

my point!!!!!!!!!!! was and only !!!!!!!! that fedx isn't guarantied to purchase TNT EUC could say no like they did to UPS.............and could do the same thing to FedEx buying TNT was my POINT the deal isn't final yet

there where no links cause never happened lots of mergers and buyouts don't always make it into the media.......... 2 people where accused of insider trading at an accounting firm where an outside company was going over there books............................ I don't care its long past................... and I also now from my classmate at dhl corporate office after the deal didn't go because they new it wouldn't be approved by govt. regulatory approval because UPS and FEDX where raising hell about it ..........she said I almost would be where red and yellow

my point!!!!!!!!!!! was and only !!!!!!!! that fedx isn't guarantied to purchase TNT EUC could say no like they did to UPS.............and could do the same thing to FedEx buying TNT was my POINT the deal isn't final yet
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!