Yellow | Filed 12/20/2023.... Still More To Go:

Kennesaw Kid

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
As I said, buying a lease at auction was not going to bring many buyers, unless it was at a heavy discount.
First round was predictable.
I accept your apology 🙏.

That is true, but the number of leaseholds that did NOT sell is particularly noteworthy. Also, some of the massive, owned properties that did not sell are of significant note.
Wondering if Old Dominion wishes they had purchased Maybrook now instead of Tannersville a while back? Maybrook turns more Northeast locations and is a good turn to/from Carslisle.

Roadway built Tannersville in the early 1970's when they ran the Ho Chi Minh (209) to get to New England. Not such a great location for that since 209 was closed to trucks.
I've seen a lot of things that Roadway did that were of questionable intelligence. But then the same goes for Yellow.

Roadway built Tannersville in the early 1970's when they ran the Ho Chi Minh (209) to get to New England. Not such a great location for that since 209 was closed to trucks.

Not many left that remember running the Ho Chi Minh, Muller's Truck Stop, The Pink House, Milford Diner, "meat haulers curve". Good times.

Ah, the famous, Ho Chi Min,(water gap)

Only ran it one time at Maislin SC. It wasn't a regular route for us. We had our fun times running across northern NY State on US 11 (or NY 37 for variety) between Watertown and Champlain. :smile new:
I used to run US11 in that area a bit....one time I was empty up that way in the winter, big gusts of wind blew and nearly blew my truck over....driver behind me asked me if I needed to change my drawers because my trailer tandems were off the ground....