Yellow | Finally! A Local Who Tells Off YRC Freight!

Danny was my BA at Preston, my Local Prez at 135. He's fair, bends over backwards to keep companies in business so we keep jobs. If they've ticked HIM off, they've really gone too far!

Danny was my BA at Preston, my Local Prez at 135. He's fair, bends over backwards to keep companies in business so we keep jobs. If they've ticked HIM off, they've really gone too far!
I wouldn't exactly call Danny laid back, but he's no hothead. Now that have him riled tho, yrc will be well-advised to turn back...

He didn't get where he is by being walked on.

Well put Jimmy.

I have my own little fan club on here that says I'm not union enough. If Danny B said come on, we're walking- I'd help him swing the gate shut.....

Reactions: ESP
AomO7QO.jpg

Tyson Johnson has been a proud Teamster since 1967. During that time, he has served as steward, business agent and an officer of Local 745 in Dallas. He got his first Teamster job in 1967 on the dock at Yellow Freight. He became a business agent for Local 745 in 1979. He served as an officer, including Secretary-Treasurer, of Local 745 from 1985 until 2003. Since then, he has devoted all his energy to his duties as an International Vice President and as the Director of the Teamsters Freight Division and Trustee of the Southern Region Pension Trust.

I'm sure Tyson's going to jump all over Darren Hawkins and James Welch and get this straightened out asap?!

:bananag:
Wow....been a Teamster for 48 years and even he can't retire...we are all doomed!....KK

If you think that's bad...

sweeton.jpg

International Vice President- Central
Region:
Gordon Sweeton is a skilled negotiator who has been instrumental in the National Freight Division’s accomplishments. Sweeton is the Assistant Director of the National Freight Division and the former President of Local 823 in Joplin, Mo. He has also been on the Negotiating Committee for the NMFA Central Region for the last four contracts, and was on the National Negotiating Committee on the NMFA for the 2008-2013 contract. Sweeton has been a Teamster since 1964.

1964? He's got more time in the crapper than most Teamsters have on the face of the earth?!
:chairshot:

Watched it live with a buddy of mine on black & white TV on that hot Sunday night in my efficiency apartment in an old Victorian house on Lodi Street in Syracuse, New York.
One of our drill instructors made the announcement to our platoon of ....... maggots that evening during mail call.

Last edited:
2317ea_633bdd8a3793400d99db3c953bab93b1.jpg_srz_p_140_141_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

I joined Teamsters Local #299 in Detroit, Jimmy Hoffa's Local, in 1968 working for Ellis Trucking Company. Ellis was bought out by Navajo Freight Lines, I served as both Alternate Steward and Steward for 8 years. I was transferred to Local 135 in Indianapolis in July 1972. I went to work for Local 135 as a Business Representative in 1978. I was appointed Secretary-Treasurer in 1988 and held that position until I was appointed President in 1996. I have 2 sons, a daughter and 2 grandsons.

Danny L. Barton
President, Teamsters Local 135

Indianapolis, IN

:clap:
A member of Teamsters Local 299 back in 1968 tells me all I need to know about the man. I was a member from 1974-1981. Taught me all about being a Teamster. 20,000 members back then.

MY wife and I got married on July 19 , 1969. Yes we watched the landing on a black and white 15" tv in Grand Haven,Michigan on our Honeymoon. As Neil was stepping on the moon.

MY wife and I got married on July 19 , 1969. Yes we watched the landing on a black and white 15" tv in Grand Haven,Michigan on our Honeymoon. As Neil was stepping on the moon.
I graduated from Stevenson H.S. Livonia Michigan in June of 1969.

Amen a local thst has a set between there legs. Hoffa look the membership has had enough. Time to walk. Get the burn barrels its time to throw down.
They say it is illegal to strike or wildcat.If a class action lawsuit filed by a member or members tries to fly.The lawsuit would be thrown out.Because the Union would argueon the basis of "you" don't "understand".Key word here is understand.So how could it be illegal for us to strike or wildcat? It wouldnt.Because we could argue that the Union and the company ddoesn't "understand"...true

They say it is illegal to strike or wildcat.If a class action lawsuit filed by a member or members tries to fly.The lawsuit would be thrown out.Because the Union would argueon the basis of "you" don't "understand".Key word here is understand.So how could it be illegal for us to strike or wildcat? It wouldnt.Because we could argue that the Union and the company ddoesn't "understand"...true

I just want to make a few points here.
1) the Company and Union have a binding Contract that doesn't expire until 2019. Read about Contract Law.
2) If the Company locks US out or we Wildcat, there will be Legal Ramifications, fines and or imprisonment.
3) While I applaud the action Danny took to uphold the MOU, it's what He is suppose to do, I'm fairly certain that this goes on everyday somewhere in this Operation.

I just want to make a few points here.
1) the Company and Union have a binding Contract that doesn't expire until 2019. Read about Contract Law.
2) If the Company locks US out or we Wildcat, there will be Legal Ramifications, fines and or imprisonment.
3) While I applaud the action Danny took to uphold the MOU, it's what He is suppose to do, I'm fairly certain that this goes on everyday somewhere in this Operation.

all good points and i am a road driver and have been delayed several times due to the hostlers not getting my unit hooked timely and in several occasions it taken them hours, so there have been many times that i had wished i could make my own hook and got out in time to return home ....if we are going to fight let's make sure our cause is the right one.

getting all puffed up wont do any good when they call comes from washington saying "yup they can do that "