Yellow | Finally Received a Picture of the Freightliner Cascadia Day Cab

RoadSide

TB Lurker
Credits
This is the first one I have seen. Freightmaster1 has an earlier post with all the main new features. First two or three job aids in that post cover the Freightliners and Volvos
http://www.truckingboards.com/bb/th...ractor-safety-equipment-specifications.65409/

Also, saw some questions on which trucks will have XM radios. I was told that all new trucks will be equipped with the radio.

Many of us here are cheering that these new tractors are going to our drivers. No better sign that we are trucking down the highway again than new equipment. Yes I am proud to be YRC Freight. For those non union folks looking at this board, the most important safety feature in this tractor is that we have the best drivers in the industry sitting in the drivers seat!

Spc6nLz.jpg

A check of the SAFER database shows YRCF operates over 8,300 tractors. A bit of research reveals that number includes About 320 sleepers and about the same number of straight trucks. That leaves over 7,600 day cabs. 50 or so tractors a year is a joke. At VERY modest rate of replacement of 20% is 1,520 per year for the next 5 years. We replace more worn out steering wheel than that. :duh:

A check of the SAFER database shows YRCF operates over 8,300 tractors. A bit of research reveals that number includes About 320 sleepers and about the same number of straight trucks. That leaves over 7,600 day cabs. 50 or so tractors a year is a joke. At VERY modest rate of replacement of 20% is 1,520 per year for the next 5 years. We replace more worn out steering wheel than that. :duh:
Maybe next year they will get 51 Bag?

More realistically if you figure on the original game plan of 14 years 7-8 in LH and the rest in P&D + total loss replacements we need to buy/lease/borrow/steal about 550 a year,
The problem now is that a lot of the P&D fleet is due/overdue for replacement and the L/H tractors have been run way past the 7 year mark and are rotting apart(floors and frames).
I don't see any way in the next 2-3 years how we will have the capitol to replace what needs to be replaced.

More realistically if you figure on the original game plan of 14 years 7-8 in LH and the rest in P&D + total loss replacements we need to buy/lease/borrow/steal about 550 a year,
The problem now is that a lot of the P&D fleet is due/overdue for replacement and the L/H tractors have been run way past the 7 year mark and are rotting apart(floors and frames).
I don't see any way in the next 2-3 years how we will have the capitol to replace what needs to be replaced.
The absolute lack of capex and the half assed mickey mouse approach to maintenance, will be the death of this company.

msYj5wb.jpg

I don't know Wrench? You can see the year of my everyday tandem, and it is 15 years old , and only has 218,555 miles on it. So that kind of blows a hole in your 14 year theory$$$$$

14 years was the plan, it went off track but it was the plan.
There are 98 and 99's still in the system with over 1.5 mil on them.................................

That's where PTS and interlining comes in.The union and the company put into place that new hire pay plan.You know the plan to pay the new hires 30% less and no protection or claim on runarounds with PTS.
See the old guys like us.Will either retire (30% less) in Pension payment.Or we just die in a worn out truck.Some of us may not get many turns in those new leased purchased trucks.Hey they are nice to look at though.

don't worry guys the shuttle guys in Chicago and city guys will always drive them................................ you wont get to.................company loses so much money by letting the shuttle guys drive them

.......they can get a vendor usually in Chicago to them in 1/2 hour or hour if your a road driver and break down in most place we run in the Midwest at night forget IT 4 or 5 hours then they tow one and we go to bed and they owe us bed time etc really stupid management in Chicago lets this happen.........

HUGE WASTE OF MONEY PAID ON ROAD DRIVER BREAKDOWN AND LATE FRIGHT .............WELCH CHICAGO MANAGMENT DOSENT CARE .............................. THEY HAVE BEEN TOLD THIS BY TONS OF ROAD DRIVERS AND THE SHOP LETS NOT UPSET THE SHUTTLE WORKERS THEY CANT WORK MUCH SLOWER THEN THEY DO NOW and the shuttle guys wonder why road drivers do more and more of there work........

all the shuttle guys drive are the newest twin screws and now the single axle white ones 24/7

don't worry guys the shuttle guys in Chicago and city guys will always drive them................................ you wont get to.................company loses so much money by letting the shuttle guys drive them

.......they can get a vendor usually in Chicago to them in 1/2 hour or hour if your a road driver and break down in most place we run in the Midwest at night forget IT 4 or 5 hours then they tow one and we go to bed and they owe us bed time etc really stupid management in Chicago lets this happen.........

HUGE WASTE OF MONEY PAID ON ROAD DRIVER BREAKDOWN AND LATE FRIGHT .............WELCH CHICAGO MANAGMENT DOSENT CARE .............................. THEY HAVE BEEN TOLD THIS BY TONS OF ROAD DRIVERS AND THE SHOP LETS NOT UPSET THE SHUTTLE WORKERS THEY CANT WORK MUCH SLOWER THEN THEY DO NOW and the shuttle guys wonder why road drivers do more and more of there work........

all the shuttle guys drive are the newest twin screws and now the single axle white ones 24/7

A long time ago shuttle drivers for Maislin in Buffalo killed the goose that laid the golden egg. They shuttled between Buffalo and Fort Erie and milked it so badly that eventually the company had us skip Buffalo and run direct to Fort Erie and to bed there. Sometimes you can't fix stupid. Nothing like ruining a good thing by being too greedy.

I can't believe I am hearing this about our shuttle operation !!!!!!!!!! I know a few guys that turn Willow from 309, TWICE, in 12.5 hours !!!! They are really ball busters $$$&&

Yet another reason to turn 309 into an eol.