ABF | finally

Welcome aboard T-scan. I made the move in '10 under the MOU leave of absence program. Never regretted leaving YRC. ABF has been a walk in the park compared to the B S that went on at YRC. Four more years of Full Pension contributions has been nice too. Back in '10 it took me almost 3 mos. from initial App. to get the all clear, from all the background checks

called to take a road test for abf everything else is done hope it is the right choice baby steps t-scan
Dont get in a hurry just do it right and you will be fine.You dont have to impress any one.You do have to get it right .And remember only 1 year to top rate and a raise in june. Congrats

You hear a lot of negative comments on this board about ABF & the Teamsters. ABF is still the best company to work for & the Teamsters is the best union to be in. I have had a much better life by being a Teamster. I have provided for my family & had excellent benefits. I would do the same thing all over again.

called to take a road test for abf everything else is done hope it is the right choice baby steps t-scan

Come to a complete stop. Always use turn signal. Do a very through pre trip inspection. He might ask you to shorten your inspection. By now he figures you know what to do. The rest should be a breeze. Check equip for Federal Inspection. Make sure it hasn't expired. Air leaks. All Haz Mat flipped to white. Turn off your cell phone. It is his time not yours. If your trip less than 5 miles don't be surprised. von.

20 years and never a lick of forklift stuff for me...other than there it is get on it and get to work.