Yellow | Fired on Friday

christopher3573 said:
It is like this....SOme guys here come to work, do the best they can, then go home. Others punch on, complain about this and that, then pass their time away. These are the ones that butt heads with the managers. They call it favoritism but I think they get what they deserve. I am not saying you should not have opinions! The complainers just take this great job for granted. You should come to work, do your job, then go home and enjoy it your family. When Russell was here, it was strictly business. If you work hard for him, you would get away with a little more. Not much more :) The terminal is operating at a 92 so something is going right here. But some people always have to have drama.

Chris, i gotta agree with you. this past thursday we had a incident with a driver & the TM. now mind you, our TM is a real well-mannered guy that doesn't like messing with us. his only concerns are our numbers. anyway, a guaranteed time-definate (TDD) shipment got to the customer late. long story short, he got the delivery for free. now this particular driver is nortorious for leaving the yard late after he has recieved his papers. everyone from fellow drivers to the steward knows this so it becomes very hard to defend someone like this. anyway, the TM blew a gasket and wanted to kill this guy. everybody froze:shock: and they had to be seperated. honestly speaking from being there, the driver was dead wrong and i told him that but he just doesn't seem to get it.

UnionTrucka said:
Chris, i gotta agree with you. this past thursday we had a incident with a driver & the TM. now mind you, our TM is a real well-mannered guy that doesn't like messing with us. his only concerns are our numbers. anyway, a guaranteed time-definate (TDD) shipment got to the customer late. long story short, he got the delivery for free. now this particular driver is nortorious for leaving the yard late after he has recieved his papers. everyone from fellow drivers to the steward knows this so it becomes very hard to defend someone like this. anyway, the TM blew a gasket and wanted to kill this guy. everybody froze:shock: and they had to be seperated. honestly speaking from being there, the driver was dead wrong and i told him that but he just doesn't seem to get it.
I don't see why some guys are like that. If the company does not make money and take care of customers, guys get laid off. I don't ride around with my head chopped off and unsafe but I get my job done. NOw that customer is going to remember that for the next 5 or so years. We have customers that remember 10 years ago and still will not use RDWY. If RDWY does not make money. we do not make money.

Hey Chris i agree with you 100% as I am the same way but there are always some on every job that are on a different page. You got them I got them everyone has them. It is up to your fellow union brothers to talk to him and not single him out to management to turn him around.

Now hear me out here, if we can't get thru to him and try to make get whatever this person is disgruntled about right then he is making his own path he has to travel. Just as if he was dispatched on a certain route to follow and goes off route and breaks down. Then its time to man up and face the jury cause he choose that path.

I'm not the judge or jury of people but I do like to give people the benefit of the doubt no matter who they are.

screwy louiey said:
Hey Chris i agree with you 100% as I am the same way but there are always some on every job that are on a different page. You got them I got them everyone has them. It is up to your fellow union brothers to talk to him and not single him out to management to turn him around.

Now hear me out here, if we can't get thru to him and try to make get whatever this person is disgruntled about right then he is making his own path he has to travel. Just as if he was dispatched on a certain route to follow and goes off route and breaks down. Then its time to man up and face the jury cause he choose that path.

I'm not the judge or jury of people but I do like to give people the benefit of the doubt no matter who they are.
Good post screwy! Guys act like a pack of wolves as soon as the company goes after someone. They seem to forget the company probably molded the driver into what he is:duh:

the good, bad and ugly

wolf said:
Good post screwy! Guys act like a pack of wolves as soon as the company goes after someone. They seem to forget the company probably molded the driver into what he is:duh:

Thanks Wolf,
The way I always see it is that most management will do stuff that will mold a good employee into a bad one instead of trying to mold a bad into a good.

Update on the hearing for this fired driver....He got his job back today at the Bi-State hearing. 1 month suspension. So he will be back to work October 2.

"Thanks 391"!!

Good for him christopher..........We all make mistakes, some learn and go on and some never take advantage of their good fortune. The best of luck to him and the rest of you down at 680. DS.

Thats good news to hear. I hope he learned from his mistakes. It cost him a bunch of money. Ole Claude G. came through.

Toxic said:
Thats good news to hear. I hope he learned from his mistakes. It cost him a bunch of money. Ole Claude G. came through.
Bulldog Steve B. represented him...Claude was already committed to something else. I heard trying to unionize the sanitation workers here in Raleigh. They have been involved in couple of picket lines this and last week.

Steve B. ? Oh man if I knew that from the beginning I would have told ya and know he would have gotten his job back. Steve B. is one of the greatest BA I have ever had.

christopher3573 said:
I heard trying to unionize the sanitation workers here in Raleigh. They have been involved in couple of picket lines this and last week.
Hey chris......Yea, I heard those guys walked off the job, without a union!! I hope we can help them out!! DS.

refusing to take a load

we had a female driver who was dispatched out of valdosta she was to go to railyard in atlanta but instead of going to railyard she proceeded to take it to the roadway terminal in atlanta she refused to go to rail because she wrote on her paycard that she wasnt going because she was driving an old freightliner.i think she should get fired for refusing to take load to rail.

freighttrain49 said:
we had a female driver who was dispatched out of valdosta she was to go to railyard in atlanta but instead of going to railyard she proceeded to take it to the roadway terminal in atlanta she refused to go to rail because she wrote on her paycard that she wasnt going because she was driving an old freightliner.i think she should get fired for refusing to take load to rail.
What happened when she showed up at the Terminal?

:sick: i agree with the guy no o/t threw the week i dont want it on the weekend eather but he should have said he was sick and smile they would have got the point

I figure because the truck is old with no power steering big deal i took many trucks to rail with no power steering. I will find out mon.what the deal was.

I figure because it was old with no power steering.big deal i took many a truck to rail with no power steering will know more about it mon.

freighttrain49 said:
I figure because the truck is old with no power steering big deal i took many trucks to rail with no power steering. I will find out mon.what the deal was.
LOL! I wouldn't doubt it.....I remember in the early 80's when power steering first came out in big trucks and everybody hated it....then they got used to it and felt like they were being picked on when they got a tractor that didn't have it.

Freight train , let it go brother. you're done with her now . she's x-board now. she can clip the whole board now. share the love.....cfer, toxic, she called dispatch enroute and they changed the dispatch to straight into 411. therefor dispatch was followed, no violation. I got my own story to tell too, but may later..