XPO | First In First Out

We have as many as 6 dsr with the same lauch time. I suspect it's done in such a manner so drivers push each other down the road, thus arriving at the fac earlier. So much for our first core value. Drivers run 10 to 20 miles over the posted speed limit racing to the fac, {once had a drs make up 8 miles on me in approx 25 miles on icy, snow covered roads,. and I was running 40-50mph}. It's childish, both on the part of management and drivers. I've seen in writing that I'm allowed a set time in which to make the run, after that I'm late. I believe these unsafe conditions could be addressed by simply using dispatch times as the determiner as to who leaves fac first...AS LONG AS THE DSR MADE HIS ETA. There is only 1/2 hr different between eta and the time I can actually make the run. Oh, and last night, I pulled 26,ooo lead and 75oo kite, while the last 3 guys pulled empties. What's wrong that that picture?

Question...what exact is meant by the phrase "manage your hours"?

managing your hours

By managing your hours I mean not deliberatly dawdling during the week so as to end up with not enough hours to do your regular run on Friday night. That way you get a shorter run on Fridays. They had started a policy that if a driver was low on hours the fos would make him do a short run Thursday night so the other drivers wouldn't get stuck doing the longer run on Friday, but I don't know if this policy was adopted throughout Con-Way or just some barns. It seemed for a while that there were always certain drivers that happened to be low on hours on Fridays.

I was on LH as a flex drv for 2 yrs then as forced bid for one. I had drvs both Sr & Jr to me who would practically run to their trucks to leave before someone. We have to cross at Pt. Huron to go to XDE, and guys would fastwalk or jog out of Customs to the truck to get a 2 min drop on the other guy. Then run down the 94 at 65mph, thru construction.
If you were the Sr man out that night and had to run out to XDE the next night, and you got beat that way, it meant less sleep time cause you had to stay and the flex ended up sitting home next night because no xtra frt and still complain about being tired. We would try the mutual agreement about who left 1st based on senority, but a new guy would always start moaning about it, say something to the fac fos and boom, thats not policy, 1st in 1st out. Then the pouting would start...So much happier in my p&d route!

at my yard we do it by seniority,senior man gets choice of via's and leaves first. the drivers did this on their own out of respect for each other. If i get of the fac ahead of the senior man for whatever reason he still gets choice of via's and i have no problem with that. It takes all the drivers agreeing and respecting each other

I see your location is california but in central first guy out has to take the via.