TForce | FL. UPS Freight truck carrying chemicals catches fire

I've heard of flat tires burning up trailers,but seldom do you see hung up breaks burning up semi's.

All I know for certain is the claim on all of that burned up freight,and this semi unit is going to be hard to recover in revenue that will have to come from shipping more freight.

I've heard of flat tires burning up trailers,but seldom do you see hung up breaks burning up semi's.

All I know for certain is the claim on all of that burned up freight,and this semi unit is going to be hard to recover in revenue that will have to come from shipping more freight.

Brakes being hung up is usually the cause of a tire explosion. The heat expands the tire pressure and then it explodes. When a tire explodes this way, the driver will hear the explosion. Its quite common. I believe the tires will explode before the fire starts as you said.

Is this INSURANCE something new? :nutkick:
Nope.

Surprisingly enough Actual insurance contracts originated in the 13th century with ship owners who wanted to protect themselves against the possibility of catastrophic losses.

UPS does have insurance to cover ::shit:: that happens on a daily basis within any part of their worldwide empire.

Thanks professor. I learn new things every day. I feel like the grasshopper. :clap:
No Problem, Here is your bonus lesson for today.

watch this video and learn where "Grasshopper" came from in the movie.

[yt]<object width=&quot;445&quot; height=&quot;364&quot;><param name=&quot;movie&quot; value=&quot;http://www.youtube.com/v/WCyJRXvPNRo&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1&quot;></param><param name=&quot;allowFullScreen&quot; value=&quot;true&quot;></param><param name=&quot;allowscriptaccess&quot; value=&quot;always&quot;></param><embed src=&quot;http://www.youtube.com/v/WCyJRXvPNRo&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1&quot; type=&quot;application/x-shockwave-flash&quot; allowscriptaccess=&quot;always&quot; allowfullscreen=&quot;true&quot; width=&quot;445&quot; height=&quot;364&quot;></embed></object> [/yt]

Actually they changed it. You are no longer required to stop every 100 miles.

397.17 Tires. (a) A driver must examine each tire on a motor vehicle at the beginning of each trip and each time the vehicle is parked.

The second part of that &quot;and each time the vehicle is parked&quot; would require you to check if you stop for any reason... but does not require you to stop.

They don't want you to stop out in the middle of nowhere anymore with hazmat.

Well Cmsdock what do u know it was a OVERNITE long Van not a Motor Cargo. You sohould not say any thing unless u are SURE I would take a Motor Cargo trailer any day of the week u can geet the overnite junk

Well Cmsdock what do u know it was a OVERNITE long Van not a Motor Cargo. You sohould not say any thing unless u are SURE I would take a Motor Cargo trailer any day of the week u can geet the overnite junk
Lets not start this tired old argument again.:argue:

Yes, CMS mis-spoke.:poster_oops:

There is plenty of junk on the road from both Former companies... and now even some of the re-branded equipment is junk....thanks to the tender loving care our drivers, jockeys, and dock workers give every day.:grinning-smiley-021

I do have a question for former Motor Cargo employees. Not trying to start anything, just looking for an answer. The old MC dollies, the counter balance is either way off, or they were always this way? Did you have a lot of back injuries because of moving these dollies? I had one last week I could not pick up & move a foot or so to put it on the pintle hook. I am not that small & I don't think I am totally weak, so I imagine others could have even more of an issue with these than I do.

I do have a question for former Motor Cargo employees. Not trying to start anything, just looking for an answer. The old MC dollies, the counter balance is either way off, or they were always this way? Did you have a lot of back injuries because of moving these dollies? I had one last week I could not pick up & move a foot or so to put it on the pintle hook. I am not that small & I don't think I am totally weak, so I imagine others could have even more of an issue with these than I do.

You do not have to use them all dollies must be counter balanced. Or have a wheel. Per our contract.

You do not have to use them all dollies must be counter balanced. Or have a wheel. Per our contract.

I didn't use it. It was spotted by a jockey who moved it when I asked him to. However, he did not deadline it as I asked, just put it back with the rest of the dollies. Get a prehooked set with one of these & hit a dark terminal, then I would think a vendor will be on his way.

Brakes being hung up is usually the cause of a tire explosion. The heat expands the tire pressure and then it explodes. When a tire explodes this way, the driver will hear the explosion. Its quite common. I believe the tires will explode before the fire starts as you said.
BN this post is not totally true. A slipped S-cam or over adjusted brakes will create an amazing amount of heat but the brakes will catch fire first. An underinflated tire will build up an immense amount of heat and cause the tire to &quot;blowout&quot;. Your theory would say that a tire would blow and unless the brakes were adjusted they would continue to blow tires until they (the brakes) were fixed. Thanks and have a great day.