Food Selfies

Sunday's breakfast, made minutes ago

I haven't made biscuits and sausage gravy for a few months, since the heat and humidity arrived.

but just minutes ago, i cooked up the sausage/gravy part of it, for breakfast tomorrow (Sunday).

i have to double up on the recipe, as 6 of us will be gorging on this.

i will not be baking the "traditional" biscuits, but instead will be using "mini rolls", i got them at Wally-World, made by Arnold Bakeries ( a local bakery here in New England), and they say "slider rolls" on the package.

many times, when baking the biscuits, even though i check the temperature, and check the bottoms of the biscuits frequently, they still manage to burn slightly on the bottoms.

here is a pic of the gravy in the pot, and i make it very thick, so the wooden spoon, will stand straight in it......

Picture844_zpsabed2bc8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

and here is a pic of the gravy cooling off in a bowl.

Picture853_zps117f8478.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

what i use for the sausage, is the "brown and serve" type, then slice them into round pieces, then cut those in half, using i'd say 2 boxes of sausages, each time, i prepare this.

making it the day before helps, as it takes from start to finish, 1.5 hours......

i can say too, that either in the pot, or in the cooling bowl, that wooden spoon is standing straight up.....a really thick gravy that we all really like....

i get up at or about 4:30 AM every day, why...only God knows, and when i do, the bowl mix, goes into a double boiler to heat it up, and maintain the temp till every one else gets up at a more better reasonable time...slackers.......a bunch of frigging slackers.....in my house....

by the time they wake up at say, 7-7:30- 8 AM.....half the day flew by....

frigging slackers......

I haven't made biscuits and sausage gravy for a few months, since the heat and humidity arrived.

but just minutes ago, i cooked up the sausage/gravy part of it, for breakfast tomorrow (Sunday).

i have to double up on the recipe, as 6 of us will be gorging on this.

i will not be baking the "traditional" biscuits, but instead will be using "mini rolls", i got them at Wally-World, made by Arnold Bakeries ( a local bakery here in New England), and they say "slider rolls" on the package.

many times, when baking the biscuits, even though i check the temperature, and check the bottoms of the biscuits frequently, they still manage to burn slightly on the bottoms.

here is a pic of the gravy in the pot, and i make it very thick, so the wooden spoon, will stand straight in it......

Picture844_zpsabed2bc8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

and here is a pic of the gravy cooling off in a bowl.

Picture853_zps117f8478.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

what i use for the sausage, is the "brown and serve" type, then slice them into round pieces, then cut those in half, using i'd say 2 boxes of sausages, each time, i prepare this.

making it the day before helps, as it takes from start to finish, 1.5 hours......

i can say too, that either in the pot, or in the cooling bowl, that wooden spoon is standing straight up.....a really thick gravy that we all really like....

i get up at or about 4:30 AM every day, why...only God knows, and when i do, the bowl mix, goes into a double boiler to heat it up, and maintain the temp till every one else gets up at a more better reasonable time...slackers.......a bunch of frigging slackers.....in my house....

by the time they wake up at say, 7-7:30- 8 AM.....half the day flew by....

frigging slackers......

Love B&G, good chilly sunday morning breakfast, my compliments. Ever try the Jimmie Dean loose sausage, comes in regular and hot, we alternate between the two.

Love B&G, good chilly sunday morning breakfast, my compliments. Ever try the Jimmie Dean loose sausage, comes in regular and hot, we alternate between the two.

Gonna have to triple that recipe, Pro. I'm coming over to actually eat.....then harass you...:)

in regards to the Jimmy Dean products, i have only heard that they are good. i have seen the prices though in my local supermarkets....

Dave.....i was up at 4:30 this morning to transfer the gravy over to the double boiler, and had to get it simmering. took all of about 45 minutes to get it HOT...

i still got "some left" but you NEED to be here soon.......

if sis and hubby do not "finish it off", you can have the rest, otherwise, i toss it in the garbage.

those small "slider rolls" i used worked out great by the way.....

i think in future makings of the breakfast, i will forego the "traditional" biscuits for the rolls......

hurry up Dave.........

i'd say the past few tv cooking shows, (Rachel Ray comes to mind the other day, and Guy Fierei*??* on Diners, Drives and Dives, yesterday), there has been some fine looking "chicken and waffles" lunch/dinners being cooked up.

i only heard of this, and one time watching an HBO show, set back int the early 50's.(.???)

did i see "chicken and waffles" for the first time....

i don't understand it, however....

waffle, with chicken on top, with maple syrup...???

but, i do have a waffle maker, syrup, and chicken i can always get, someday i will try that....

anyone here ever have it..??

as a child growing up...??

recently for the first time...????

what "part of the country", did it come from...???

the tv show on HBO, the gal was living in Cali, with her daughters, she divorced her husband, and started a restaurant, specializing in waffles and chicken..

looks like a fine dining establishment you were eating in that day...

was it called,

"Le Che Pick Up Truck"...??

betcha the atmosphere was much better there than one of 'em dumps, the wannabe "classy people" call a fine dining experience....

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R5huHfS5cHA&list=PL94Onbf7D5F0Hnzd2HWzZOVmen4eRhym_#[/video]

I'm looking at a new smoker

i really like the guy's name....

that being said......i hope you enjoy your soon to be new purchase..!!

I finally got the link to work right.... the little one will be perfect for my new travel trailer. I do a lot of dry camping... meaning out in the woods with no utilities. Camp grounds suck.... mind as well go live in a trailer park if that is fun for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally got the link to work right.... the little one will be perfect for my new travel trailer. I do a lot of dry camping... meaning out in the woods with no utilities. Camp grounds suck.... mind as well go live in a trailer park if that is fun for you.

i do however like white trailer park trash girls.....

This guy has a little catch phrase...... I think not.... it is a little annoying

2649954-6188002925-huh.j.jpg

Here's what I had for lunch yesterday after work, I got it at the Chicago Deli and Grill in Solon, Ohio (Any of you guys ever deliver to the Home Depots Distribution Center in Solon, Ohio or Great Lakes Cold Storage? Also in Solon, Ohio)

My friend cleans the carpet at this restaurant and there only a couple miles from where our warehouse is and I finished up early so I got there Turkey, Corned Beef and Swiss Sandwich and it came delicious steak fries!

Then I had some pizza for dinner ummm pizza
1/2 the pizza is still left over probably be dinner tonight as well

Actually to be honest I don't eat that much during the week usually about 1 meal or so a day and because I don't eat that much during the week my stomach is shrinking so I get full faster.

Mike, is that rye bread dark and light??
Or two different pieces?
Love that Lipitor pizza! :)

That's light rye bread, it was very good, they didn't toast it or butter it or anything like that.
The pizza was very good as well tasted delicious, best in the state I swear. If you all come to Cleveland we can go there and have a pizza party.