For all you Soccer fans

R-14Driver

TB Legend
Credits
Dempsey scores as US beats Italy for first time

GENOA, Italy (AP)—The United States beat Italy for the first time in 11 games over 78 years, a 1-0 victory in an exhibition Wednesday night on Clint Dempsey’s goal in the 55th minute.

Dempsey took a short pass from Jozy Altidore following Michael Bradley’s cross and put a right-footed shot from just inside the penalty area just past an outstretched hand of goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon.

Although just an exhibition, it was a rare U.S. victory over a world power.................

Dempsey scores as US beats Italy for first time - World Soccer - Yahoo! Sports

And something light hearted

Keeper takes a goal kick into the wind, scores insane own goal

The wind can be a goalkeeper's best friend. Just ask Tim Howard, who put his name on the scoresheet with a 100-yard effort earlier this year. But unfortunately for Maccabi Haifa shot stopper Assaf Mendes, a strong breeze can also make you look like a chump...................

Keeper takes a goal kick into the wind, scores insane own goal | Dirty Tackle - Yahoo! Sports

Last edited by a moderator:
There's soccer fans?

None of my kids played soccer..Football,basketball,baseball,softball and track...My niece played soccer her junior and senior year in high school..I went to one game,and fell asleep..The weird thing about it,I had just woke up from a 4 hour nap...Very exciting sport, for the napper..

The only balls that I enjoy kicking around are the ones that are fastened to a couple guys over on the politics forum.:27::biglaugh: