FedEx Freight | Forced to work dock on a 514 mile via night.

The safe haven thing is part of the inclement driving rule where you can extend your drive time but not the 14. Using the 16 hour rule, when your time is up, it's up.

The safe haven thing is part of the inclement driving rule where you can extend your drive time but not the 14. Using the 16 hour rule, when your time is up, it's up.

Ok, GT thinks he understands, well, not really, but I figure if I know I'm gonna run out of hours in say an hour, I best be looking for a place to stop that is something other than the right of way, before the clock goes to zero.

Feel free to fix that for GT.

Ok, GT thinks he understands, well, not really, but I figure if I know I'm gonna run out of hours in say an hour, I best be looking for a place to stop that is something other than the right of way, before the clock goes to zero.

Perhaps this will be helpful.

Http://freight.about.com/od/Glossary/tp/Hours-of-Service.htm

And for those of you that think RC is full of poo,
here is the phone number for FMCSA 609-275-2604

Ask them yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

I was super tight on hours on morning, I mean I hauled butt right down to the minute. I pulled over exactly on my 14. I was maybe 1000 yards from the SC. I stopped, called dispatch and told them I was out of hours.

Oh come on RC, I know you've been in a restaurant and have seen the horseshoe shaped counter bars that allow the waitress to serve all the fat, smelly truck drivers from one position. It's rather meat haulers and the chicken haulers get together to tell all their super trucker stories.

Guardrail

Oh, you mean the ones that don't have big radios to tell their stories from the back row of the parking lot?
Wouldn't know about what goes on inside the truckstop, not RC's thing.
RC is, however, quite capable of causing radio envy from out on the super slab with either his RCI or his HR2510, come on!

One of the Midwest hubs I go to tried this dock crap. We showed them in the company book it states all bias given out must be able to return to home domicile within 12 he's or you can refuse it. We stuck them with freight a couple times and wow no more dock work turn@ burn.

Find that thick company rule book and copy pages that pertain to driving and keep them in your clipboard. Instant ammo. Don't let the need for money put you into bad dispatch. 14 hr days are killers.

Bottom line these Hubs don't want to spend money on hiring a PT dockworker that they know will probably quit when it get's slow and or be layed off. Especially quit when it gets to the cold months....