XPO | Ford, Roush Fenway Racing and Con-way Freight Unveil New 2010 Nationwide Mustang

I hope they go full throttle and get a real Nascar. Let more people know who we are. The company has to grow or your going to lose more than just a few bucks and days off. Answer this: Where would FDX be if they never advertised? Never had a Super Bowl Comercial? What if they didn't have a "real" Nascar?

Some folks are just bitter about what happened to them and their benefits. Times change. You better be glad you work for a company that's trying to do what they have to do to grow. Who's just about the only LTL that's busy right now? We'll probably never get the 5% back until we get some annual raises. I think it's just a sign of the times. But what do I know..

Well you don't know Nascar. National Association of Stock Car Racing. What you are referring is a Sprint Cup Car. There are three series, Camping World Truck series (which used to be Craftsman truck series), Nationwide series (which used to be Busch series) and the Sprint Cup series (which used to be Winston Cup series).

Now going to the cup series level is a big jump in money. I do mean big jump so I don't see that happening.

It's advertising. Atleast, the company is strong. And I know we had a pay cut and other cuts, but so did half the other companies in the U.S. this past year..

This money is just a drop in the bucket compared to what FDX and UPS spend on advertising.

Yes and no. I have never seen a UPS Freight commercial or a FedEx Freight commercial. Just the package services commercials.

Yes and no. I have never seen a UPS Freight commercial or a FedEx Freight commercial. Just the package services commercials.

At least one of the FedEx commercials last year spotlighted FedEx Freight. If I recall correctly, the customer was talking to someone on their dock about shipping envelopes and packages, then said, "and they handle the heavy stuff too" and the shot cut to a dock door with a Freight trailer being loaded.

Just sayin'.

oaf

At least one of the FedEx commercials last year spotlighted FedEx Freight. If I recall correctly, the customer was talking to someone on their dock about shipping envelopes and packages, then said, "and they handle the heavy stuff too" and the shot cut to a dock door with a Freight trailer being loaded.

Just sayin'.

oaf

I never did see that. Not saying it didn't happen I just never saw it or heard anything about it.

Where did you come up with that signature? I always tell everyone that when they bring up my age. Funny!

I like the new venue. You guys are the new kids on the block with a first ever car for 2010. You guys will be seen by the Heavy hitters of Nascar.
I can't wait to see how the Mustang does compared to the Fusions. (Unless they use the same drivetrains)

Nationwide to roll out new car for four races in 2010
Will debut at Daytona in July; set to go full time in 2011

The new car sits on a chassis very similar to the cup cars. Don't know about anything for sure about the drive train but I am pretty sure it will be the same. Now, Ford is rolling out a new engine in a couple weeks so maybe you have that to look forward to.

FedEx made a movie with Tom Hanks. Showed him working for FX, crashed in a FX plane, washed up on a deserted island with a lot of FX freight and then when rescued, he went back to work for FX.

Nice commercial there. Made money off it too.

FedEx made a movie with Tom Hanks. Showed him working for FX, crashed in a FX plane, washed up on a deserted island with a lot of FX freight and then when rescued, he went back to work for FX.

Nice commercial there. Made money off it too.

I think the movie was castaway. Not sure but, he ended up on an island with a bunch of FedEx packages, not freight. :poster_oops:

Finally, were using a FORD. it just makes more sense to me, all our trucks are fords/sterlings, all the co. cars are Fords, and heck, a big american company like CWX driving around in a jap toyota?

just the way i see it.