XPO | Former YRC now a Conway driver

took road test, physical, and drug screen at charlotte nc today. feel real optimistic that this may be good oportunity. everybody was real nice and helpful. suppose to start on 3/22 or 3/29 looking foward to getting started. been laid off from yellow for 15 months. the future looks a little brighter today

took road test, physical, and drug screen at charlotte nc today. feel real optimistic that this may be good oportunity. everybody was real nice and helpful. suppose to start on 3/22 or 3/29 looking foward to getting started. been laid off from yellow for 15 months. the future looks a little brighter today

Good luck.. If you have any say in the matter, try to start on the 22'nd. Even years down the line, that one week could mean a few seniority slots.

It's real nice to see Con-way hiring some experienced freight people too..

Welome aboard to both you guys. I've been at CF (conway freight) for 7 months. I did utility driver at Roadway before the merge and it is the exact same job as Conway linehaul. I run Charleston alot I will help anyone any way I can. Any job is what you make of it. Dont let some of the people on here worry you about this being some kind of hard labor camp or something, 90% of this job is done from a seat with a steering wheel. Well see ya around!

You'll be fine driver, Conway is a good company,, I too worked for Roadway in 08 before the first layoff, I think you'll find the freight is better over here, at least that is my opinion! My Tm from Roadway is our Tm at XCJ now, he is a 27 year man from big "R" and agree's with me that this is really a "good thing" going on here!
Good Luck,

Its funny, I haven't loggin to this site in months. And this is the first message that I read.

JJ here, you will be fine! see you on monday!

:D well I have been laid off from YRC since september I was just called at Conway took Road test 8) got a call today they are doing my paperwork and he said they are going to hire mer ASAP.

Hope I can handle it
xcsp

Welcome... My first FAC experience was at XCO almost 18yrs ago. It was a totaly confusing and hectic experience. Fortunitly, I was being trained by experienced divers who guided me through the gauntlet of freight and forklifts which left me feeling like I was constantly in the way. I quickly learned if I didnt know something, just ask. Most DSR's were very glad to answer my questions. I soon felt like I was part of the team, able to successfully do my part.

Alot of years and 4 SIC addresses later, I have no regrets. A positive attitude and a willingness to succeed will carry you through a rewarding career with Con-Way.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask...

[quote author=ridge link=topic=77306.msg814251#msg814251 date=1268969531]
Welcome... My first FAC experience was at XCO almost 18yrs ago. It was a totaly confusing and hectic experience. Fortunitly, I was being trained by experienced divers who guided me through the gauntlet of freight and forklifts which left me feeling like I was constantly in the way. I quickly learned if I didnt know something, just ask. Most DSR's were very glad to answer my questions. I soon felt like I was part of the team, able to successfully do my part.

Alot of years and 4 SIC addresses later, I have no regrets. A positive attitude and a willingness to succeed will carry you through a rewarding career with Con-Way.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask...
[/quote]

Excellent post!!!...

And right on the money!

Its the people that makes this company successful...

And it will be the people who ultimately decide if it will continue to survive.

We have thousands of good folks in the employ of the organization...and most are willing to help...

Like the poster said..have questions...feel free to ask...

Rat