Frame Twist Test: Silverado 2500HD vs. Ford F-250

GM and Dodge must have had to search really hard to find something their pickup could do better than a Ford. I've used fords for 45 years and will continue using them. This test is ignorant anybody that would park a vehicle parked in a bind like that is ignorant.

first off, there will always be Ford people, Dodge people, GM people, then the ones that like the foreign trucks like, Toyota, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Isuzu, and the now defunct Suzuki.

i personally have no loyalty to any one brand. i see no reason for any loyalty.

each truck maker has it's quirks about it, it's recalls, it's comfortable ride, it's frame flexibility, it's rust prone areas, and ground to cab clearance either making it easy to step in, or in need of a step to do so.

they each have a stable of engines with various horse power, and torque. they each have a stable of transmissions available as well.

the test, which is a farce of one at that, was only to show and or prove, the GM frame does not flex as much as another brand of truck would.

no one said in the ad/test said one would actually park like that, i know, i ran the video 3 times now, and never heard it said. it may be "alluded to" but no actual words to the fact.

i think the ad is for dummies, the ones that buy trucks and drive ' em like cars, not for the real people that actually use them for work.

i also think that Ford mounts it's bed in a different way, maybe perhaps some sort of sub-frame on the main frame. i will try to locate some sort of pics on this. i tried once but could not find the specific details i wanted.

i think the "ignorance" falls on the advertisers, thinking that everyone that buys a truck will be impressed with this BS.

ok, here is a pic of a Ford frame.

in this pic, we can see the cab mounts, then FARTHER back, we can see the bed mounts....

131_0901_04_z%2B2009_ford_f150_facts%2Bframe_chassis.jpg

and here is another pic at a different angle to see the mounting plates..

2008-ford-f-series-super--3_600x0w.jpg

then go back to my thread where i posted a pic of the GM frame, and look and see how CLOSE the bed mounting plates are to the cab...

which means, the FARTHER back the mounting plates are in the Ford, then YES, of course, there WILL BE flexing...when in actuality, i believe the frames "flex" equally, cuz if they didn't..??? they would SNAP.....there HAS to be flexing of some degree. why are bridges "flexing" when we travel over them..?? try it someday, sitting on the GW Bridge in NYC....wanna see and feel "some flexing"...??? i know i have....

i think Ford's reasoning was to prevent damage to the cab if the mounting plates were too close...

but in any event...mounting plates close, or farther away, makes no difference to me, i buy what I LIKE, not what some advertising company wants me to believe.....

My truck spent most of its life in northern Michigan soaking in the road salt. I think if I tried this frame test on her, She may fold like a slinky.lol

My truck spent most of its life in northern Michigan soaking in the road salt. I think if I tried this frame test on her, She may fold like a slinky.lol

what was the reason why Toyota replaced nearly all frames on trucks they sold...????

never mind found it...rust...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious as to how you would test frame and box strength ? It's not that someone is going to park this way. ..especially since the truck costs over sixty grand. Unless you're a. ....a hole
I would imagine they would check the frame in the lab. After building pick up trucks for nearly 100 years I'm sure they know haw strong or rigid it needs to be. Not a bunch of a..holes in a parking lot with a bunch of ramps.:popcorn:

I would imagine they would check the frame in the lab. After building pick up trucks for nearly 100 years I'm sure they know haw strong or rigid it needs to be. Not a bunch of a..holes in a parking lot with a bunch of ramps.:popcorn:

Ok.............