FedEx Freight | Freight for Freight

No balls huh?
I guess ill ask how many union truck lines have either of you worked for?
Have you actually ever been on strike?...I have...
I've probably been laid off more than the two of you combined.

You guys bitch moan and whine on here almost daily....FedEx is using PT....
Get over it..they're gonna use as much as they feel like, you work at a nonunion outfit.

And wasnt it you nasvegas raving about the stock prices?
You think that paying drivers to bring empties home is gonna help that?
On the other hand PT will probably help that stock price you seem worried about.
Now tell me exactly what your going to do short of forming a union?
Ill tell.you...nothing...
I'll be your huckleberry.....

I'll be your huckleberry.....
Drink n the purple kool-aid... It is not about beef it is about being respected for the value you provide.
Ok huckleberry...
I don't know about you, but I could care less about respect at work.
I'm there to be paid for the job I do. The respect you speak of is provided by my customers.
I'm city so I spend a few hours on the dock in the morning...after that I don't even see anyone at the center till that evening to turn in paperwork.
If your line haul with a meet you probably never see any management to speak of, and if you do its for a few minutes.
How much gratitude do you need in order to do your job?
In the LTL industry I'd say with the exception of ABF, we have the best overall compensation here at FedEx freight.
The reason I mention ABF is because for their great H&W and their pension.
I guess if I wanted respect I'd have become a firefighter or a policeman or a doctor.
As it is I'm a truck driver here to make as much as I can so I can retire....they pay the most so I'm here to collect it.

No balls huh?
I guess ill ask how many union truck lines have either of you worked for?
Have you actually ever been on strike?...I have...
I've probably been laid off more than the two of you combined.

You guys bitch moan and whine on here almost daily....FedEx is using PT....
Get over it..they're gonna use as much as they feel like, you work at a nonunion outfit.

And wasnt it you nasvegas raving about the stock prices?
You think that paying drivers to bring empties home is gonna help that?
On the other hand PT will probably help that stock price you seem worried about.
Now tell me exactly what your going to do short of forming a union?
Ill tell.you...nothing...
Lol well I guess I threw the 1st rock. Guess I'll throw another. 20+ with company. Can hold a bid just fine. These empties you speak of. The cost for them in most lanes is figured into the freight charges. Thus the term back haul lane. I was a city driver for over a decade. I won several JOM gift cards for leading my terminal. Back when the rewarded you for going above and beyond. So I know all about freight class, dimensions, etc etc.

Funny thing is we use to have more freight coming back from WME, ATL, EFH, and BHM then we had going to them. Now that has flipped. Why? BECAUSE some moron in corporate has over loaded PT on those ends and we're still running empties.

ATL use to have to run CHA to NAS on via because we were over our 10 bids. Now with 8 bids 4 to 6 empties a night coming back.

WME use to have to via BWG, and LUG to NAS because we were 4 to 5 loads over our 5 bids. Now usually 1 or 2 empties come back with our 4 bids.

Same with EFH, and BHM.

My problem with PT isn't I'm not working. It's the nerve of a company to plaster #fedexcares everywhere during covid scam to get good PR, and furlough people as the run PT. Why don't they use the old hub slogan BBD on PT like they use on us.

Bottom line is this company doesn't have management or stockholders without THE MEN AND WOMEN turning that key everyday and getting it done!

So no PT not effecting me! I guess I'm caring for someone other than myself. So should this morally bankrupt company! It would be alot more profitable then crapping on the drivers!

Last edited:
I can tell you no one is managing the PT and how it impacts from a cost standpoint or the move to rail. The additional PT's that are added daily or freight moved to the rail daily because Central says so... it is not always the best decision but they never have to be held accountable. The network is so vast and so many lanes that your able to hide bad decisions without any accountability. So yes it is about respect because this is something that provides money to each person/families. When your not given a fair shake but are expected to give one in return that is a tough pill to swallow. CD is never held accountable nor are the daily PT that are setup. The view from those areas... it us against them and we could care less what or how it impacts the backbone of the company.

Lol well I guess I threw the 1st rock. Guess I'll throw another. 20+ with company. Can hold a bid just fine. These empties you speak of. The cost for them in most lanes is figured into the freight charges. Thus the term back haul lane. I was a city driver for over a decade. I won several JOM gift cards for leading my terminal. Back when the rewarded you for going above and beyond. So I know all about freight class, dimensions, etc etc.

Funny thing is we use to have more freight comi

ATL use to have to run CHA to NAS on via because we were over our 10 bids. Now with 8 bids 4 to 6 empties a night coming back.

WME use to have to via BWG, and LUG to NAS because we were 4 to 5 loads over our 5 bids. Now usually 1 or 2 empties come back with our 4 bids.

Same with EFH, and BHM.

My problem with PT isn't I'm not working. It's the nerve of a company to plaster #fedexcares everywhere during covid scam to get good PR, and furlough people as the run PT. Why don't they use the old hub slogan BBD on PT like they use on us.

Bottom line is this company doesn't have management or stockholders without THE MEN AND WOMEN turning that key everyday and getting it done!

So no PT not effecting me! I guess I'm caring for someone other than myself. So should this morally bankrupt company! It would be alot more profitable then crapping on the drivers!
Congratulations on your 20 years!
You say those empties are figured in with the price...ok.
What about businesses that have slowed down and laid folks off?...is that figured in as well?
I take it if you owned it this company that you'd just slash rates in order to pay every driver we have first instead of PT?
Every truck line on here has or is laying people off...its not just fedex.

Are they also greedy?

...as I recall we just got the maximum payout on our bonus again a few weeks ago.
Is that greedy?...
You act as if there has never been any slowdown in freight besides now.
I've been at this racket for well over 30 years and can assure you its always volatile.
I guess I'd say you better have those brassballs...
If you don't like their slogans...don't pay any attention to them...
You've also stated about the stock price...I'd have thought this would make you happy to see those shareholders squirming.
Bottom line...either get folks on board to form a union... or find that perfect unicorn truck line that doesn't exist.

Who needs brass balls when plastic is so much cheaper?

Who needs Road drivers if PT is cheaper.

Why learn to write in cursive if we can text?

Who wants a Lincoln if we can buy a Kia?

Why go to church if I can just do whatever I want?

This country is on a race to the bottom and it’s being driven by greed and apathy.

I think some of us are just sick of it…

Who needs brass balls when plastic is so much cheaper?

Who needs Road drivers if PT is cheaper.

Why learn to write in cursive if we can text?

Who wants a Lincoln if we can buy a Kia?

Why go to church if I can just do whatever I want?

This country is on a race to the bottom and it’s being driven by greed and apathy.

I think some of us are just sick of it…
If your laid off or out of work I can understand the frustration.
On the other hand this company and any others aren't running a charity ward.
I see people saying how much they love capitalism on this site all the time...guess what?
This is capitalism in action...
I guess ill take up for FedEx again when I say they are under zero obligation to offer the $300 each week for a furloughed driver.
Or a furlough at all...they could just lay off or let people go or just starve.

If your laid off or out of work I can understand the frustration.
On the other hand this company and any others aren't running a charity ward.
I see people saying how much they love capitalism on this site all the time...guess what?
This is capitalism in action...
I guess ill take up for FedEx again when I say they are under zero obligation to offer the $300 each week for a furloughed driver.
Or a furlough at all...they could just lay off or let people go or just starve.
The $300 isn’t coming from a giving spirit. Just like the Covid vacations weren’t paid out of company coffers.

My biggest problem with your logic is that it’s always selfish and looking for a free handout.

Should a fortune 100 company look to exploit desperate humans to work for nothing to create more wealth for the already rich? How is that justifiable? Because others are doing it? FedEx is selling a premium service they are brokering out to the cheapest option. (Amazon’s model)

Last edited:
Congratulations on your 20 years!
You say those empties are figured in with the price...ok.
What about businesses that have slowed down and laid folks off?...is that figured in as well?
I take it if you owned it this company that you'd just slash rates in order to pay every driver we have first instead of PT?
Every truck line on here has or is laying people off...its not just fedex.

Are they also greedy?

...as I recall we just got the maximum payout on our bonus again a few weeks ago.
Is that greedy?...
You act as if there has never been any slowdown in freight besides now.
I've been at this racket for well over 30 years and can assure you its always volatile.
I guess I'd say you better have those brassballs...
If you don't like their slogans...don't pay any attention to them...
You've also stated about the stock price...I'd have thought this would make you happy to see those shareholders squirming.
Bottom line...either get folks on board to form a union... or find that perfect unicorn truck line that doesn't exist.
Can I ask you a small favor? Can you read all of my post and not cherry pick.... What sense does it make to add PT to eliminate empties only to cause them on the other end of leg.

I've said for years if they would pay top pay to EXPERIENCED dispatchers in Central. Ones that have worked in major hubs that could actually project. It would save the company millions every year. Nope let's low ball and hire Joey jerk jockey to run things. What could go wrong?

You don't have to cut your rates to run all your driver's, but you could cut half your PT out of nashville and you would only furlough 5 instead of 12.

Ok sing me another FEDEX love song. You have so many of them.

Last edited:
Brass would probably be happy when his center was the only one in its district to not get a GPD increase. Probably drinks the purple kool aid with no sugar too lol. Such a troll.

The $300 isn’t coming from a giving spirit. Just like the Covid vacations weren’t paid out of company coffers.

My biggest problem with your logic is that it’s always selfish and looking for a free handout.

Should a fortune 100 company look to exploit desperate humans to work for nothing to create more wealth for the already rich? How is that justifiable? Because others are doing it? FedEx is selling a premium service they are brokering out to the cheapest option. (Amazon’s model)
Exactly who is giving that $300? Please tell me.
And are any other LTL's giving their drivers the furlough option and the cash plus an option to still keep their insurance?
I'm guessing if your a road driver your making north of 70 cents a mile.
If your city its probably north of $33.00 an hour.
Hardly exploitation of desperate humans...

Can I ask you a small favor? Can you read all of my post and not cherry pick.... What sense does it make to add PT to eliminate empties only to cause them on the other end of leg.

I've said for years if they would pay top pay to EXPERIENCED dispatchers in Central. Ones that have worked in major hubs that could actually project. It would save the company millions every year. Nope let's low ball and hire Joey jerk jockey to run things. What could go wrong?

You don't have to cut your rates to run all your driver's, but you could cut half your PT out of nashville and you would only furlough 5 instead of 12.

Ok sing me another FEDEX love song. You have so many of them.
What empties are their if they pull their own trailers?
I realize that they do sometimes pull our pups, they also use 53's too
How are you gonna project if you can't possibly know the next days bill count of the customers frieght?
Guess...yes...
You keep thinking that this company is put together in order to create jobs...they're here to bank as much money to their shareholders as possible.
You don't have to like it nor do i, but there is damn little that will change without a union.

How are you gonna project if you can't possibly know the next days bill count of the customers frieght?
Guess...yes...
You keep thinking that this company is put together in order to create jobs...they're here to bank as much money to their shareholders as possible.
You don't have to like it nor do i, but there is damn little that will change without a union.
Mods, what is this poster bringing to the table?

Is there logic or intellect that I’m missing? I just get an argumentative bitch that doesn’t know the difference between your and you're…

Wohoo, the “b” word doesn’t get filtered?!?!

Last edited:
Guess...yes...
Your giving me a headache, because you obviously didn't fully read any of my posts regarding this. Soooooo bye bye now.