freight levels and the sales force

Please post the operating numbers. I'd be very interested in seeing them.

No heresay..

I hear the opposite is occurring at New Penn

hey genius, they don't post the numbers individually anymore. you gotta get your info from the inside. by the way, you don't gotta worry about us at NP. worry about the non union dump that your employed at.

hey genius, they don't post the numbers individually anymore. you gotta get your info from the inside. by the way, you don't gotta worry about us at NP. worry about the non union dump that your employed at.

I think he is out of his league here:hysterical::hysterical:maybe he's been smoking the magic dragon:hysterical:

When you are ready to work for real people come on over to ODFL, we don`t cut corners to get your freight. We pickup/deliver on time, so go ahead and pay those union dues, when it is over you will be at the bottom starting over agian.

ha ha thats a funny one. i worked for od in spl 2 years ago and there was alot of freight that was not delivered in a timely manner also i had the dubious honor to do am p/u of freight from angry customers that sat on docks for days on end.i have seen the way pups were loaded to jcy har mrt,and pups coming back to us.damages up the wazoo.so dont ever say that od doesnt cut corners.speaking of cutting corners that rediculous amount for healthcare and no ot until 60 hours is cutting corners on your back.now if you want to work for the k mart of the industry go ahead but please dont sell od as the best thing since sliced bread.

What kills me about that is we all know that layoffs are going to happen there will be no way around it, do you think that a dispatcher or local terminal management is going to get hit in the wallet and stay home, is the sales force going to stay home? NO the drivers and dockworkers will get layed off so we have to pick up as much freight as we can get our hands on, load it properly, and make sure it safely gets delivered. But that is just our job, we also have to extend every courtesy to any customer shipper or reciever, and talk good about the company outside the terminals. Deal with personal gripes at your terminal stop bad-mouthing outside. Have some PRIDE in what pays your bills (almost).:smilie_132:

last year at my terminal no union workrs were laid off but 1 supervisor was and 3 clerks. Can't lay off supervisor this year never replaced 1 from last year. Still have to run operation

yah ok we are strong and heavy on the freight, bumping hours, and yes, we the driver are the spokes in the wheel, gotta love it though it wears you down ect.,

the reputation if NEMF with the shippers that i have run into is they stink period....
they have said to me hey they are cheap,but they are terrible..integrity is all we have at the end of the day...the way it is now ... the only truckers that will survive are the ones that have the loyalty of the customers and great service...you cannot i repeat cannot fudge service and expect the customers to stick with you...i have heard the dispatchers dont care...cmon guys you all know a ton of drivers that are not pulling their weight and they have that sense of entitlement of that 12 hour day ...and the nerve to book off when ever they want...the dispatchers dont care ,because thats the state of the company....i have heard the morale is just as bad from the office staff to upper mgmt....the salesman...thats another story ..imagine trying to sell for a company and you doing damage control more than taking care of customers....i have heard half the drivers dont even know who the salesman are....nemf unfortunately will be a statistic...you cant even compare them with premier companies like new penn...cmon fellas...and that mickey mouse union...geez....what has it really done...i also heard the daughter is on the board of that union...hahahaah.WHAT A JOKE......

but you know what, there are others that are actually worse..most of us drivers do NOT pay attention to what the dispatchers say..they need to go anyways..some of us go above and beyond to deliver ALL the freight and do ALL the pickup's... i know for a fact the tm in newburgh already knows what drivers are not doing their part...they can do tires instead...and as far as our "mickey mouse union", im guessing you are a temster..what have they done for you lately?..givebacks of pay..thats a good one ..the teamsters seem to me to love making all these backdoor deals with the companies to keep their fat paychecks coming..i thought they were for the working man instead of corporate... it seems they have lost their way maybe ... our union may not be the best, but hey it's a small voice to help us workers still better than not having one

but you know what, there are others that are actually worse..most of us drivers do NOT pay attention to what the dispatchers say..they need to go anyways..some of us go above and beyond to deliver ALL the freight and do ALL the pickup's... i know for a fact the tm in newburgh already knows what drivers are not doing their part...they can do tires instead...and as far as our "mickey mouse union", im guessing you are a temster..what have they done for you lately?..givebacks of pay..thats a good one ..the teamsters seem to me to love making all these backdoor deals with the companies to keep their fat paychecks coming..i thought they were for the working man instead of corporate... it seems they have lost their way maybe ... our union may not be the best, but hey it's a small voice to help us workers still better than not having one

disturber1,

You took many of my thoughts!! I know of many of my drivers that do go above and beyond and they are the best.....yes we have a couple that are on "the milk train"!!

Sounds like "imovaherenow" is a sour former employee of NEMF!?

Personally I didn't think imovaherenow's comments were even worthy of a response, it seems to me that, like MontanaNY said, he's sour. I've noticed that we get quite a few ex-employees on this board that want to just bash NEMF. Most of the people that I know that left here find that, where they are now, they have the same B.S. or worse with a different name on the door, and gave up their seniority to get it. It almost seems like they are trying to convince themselves that they made the right move, by bashing us. I've left other jobs, and whenever I did I didn't look back. I wished all my ex-coworkers the best and thanked the company for the oppertunity to earn a living. I guess what I'm trying to say here is, what ever company you work for you are no different than I am, and you aren't doing anything different. You are putting food on your table and supporting your family and so am I, so just grow up with the company bashing.

didnt mean to hurt your feelings guys...i know alot of guys over there and a couple in sales and ..upper mgmt.nemf has lost a ton business and salespeople through out the company ,because of service issues and damages....the facts are the facts brothers .now your salesman can only sell price..which is killing the bottom line of your company and the rest of us..they steal freight with a cheap price.....my saleman says its a cycle you'll get the freight becasue of price and lose it.no sour grapes here fellas. i'M very happy where i am..i"m 3rd on the list and loving it...good luck and happy holidays

management in every company nedds to change things for the better but because us workers give them an idea we know nothing..there was actually a study done showing people higher up will not listen to anybody below them..but we all need to do our part...i have a solution to help with less damages and to help with getting customers their freight but i wouldnt waste my time telling the "suits"..but im sure if i did they wouldnt listen...but then mysteriously if they came up with the same idea 2 months later they would use it.....gotta love it...have a great and safe x-mas everyone and lets ALL pray things turn around for all out there ...no hard feelings to anybody on here, we all have our veiws and this is what the board is for to let it out.,.so get back to work lol!

management in every company nedds to change things for the better but because us workers give them an idea we know nothing..there was actually a study done showing people higher up will not listen to anybody below them..but we all need to do our part...i have a solution to help with less damages and to help with getting customers their freight but i wouldnt waste my time telling the "suits"..but im sure if i did they wouldnt listen...but then mysteriously if they came up with the same idea 2 months later they would use it.....gotta love it...have a great and safe x-mas everyone and lets ALL pray things turn around for all out there ...no hard feelings to anybody on here, we all have our veiws and this is what the board is for to let it out.,.so get back to work lol!

maybe that fat salesman that got laid off is taking all the freight with him, wherever he went or goes:hysterical: