Yellow | Freight Levels

Just curious, did you actually hear someone say 120000 bills? I mean really, there had to be more than one snicker over that number.
That's what I heard, don't know if he misspoke or if that's actually what they are thinking. Seems like a very heavy lift just to get this company to deliver good service at our current levels and improve our fleet.

E="tutone710, post: 1038886, member: 5220"]If YRC can load the freight without it falling though the floor of the trailer, then get the unit into the shop to fix the lights and the air leak, then call a vendor to come repair the truck on the road, and then of course the driver will run out of hours and go to a hotel. Then maybe after a post trip inspection at the iron skillet Buffet to be sure all bacon is gone on, the following day. "the accelerated Freight" will show up, a day late. Yes we can![/QUOTE]
Heres the beauty of the accelerated freight.No matter when it gets there.It still pays the freight being moved.Unlike the exact stuff.Whereby if it ddoesn't make it.The company ships it free.Hedging their bets I might add.

653 Charlotte dock has been told volume is getting ready to ramp up and management is wanting to add 50 casual positions to work to full time. Are the other BB's planning the same?
Our dock and yard can't seem to get the job done. Yrc is rerouting frt around us.
They don't realize how much their poor attitudes and performance is hurting all of us.

120000 bills is what fed ex and XPO move daily with service times and pricing that mirror accelerated. Sales is after a piece of that pie that they can compete for with accelerated rates and service times. The portion of that 120000 shipments we get or keep will depend on our people doing it right.
Last reports I read, fed ex was around 110,000 per day, and CW was over 60,000. Yrc right now is around 40,000 a day. I am thinking the brains in KC want to improve service to what it should actually be. Like fedex and CW, 1000 miles and less in 2 days, 1000-1500, 3 days, and 1500 and beyond 4 days. The game changer sounds like from what the ADO in the Chicago area has told us, that this guy Richardson running relay differently with scheduled cut times and such will help the service. He never said anything about a COO, or relocating drivers, but did mention more direct loading when possible.

Last reports I read, fed ex was around 110,000 per day, and CW was over 60,000. Yrc right now is around 40,000 a day. I am thinking the brains in KC want to improve service to what it should actually be. Like fedex and CW, 1000 miles and less in 2 days, 1000-1500, 3 days, and 1500 and beyond 4 days. The game changer sounds like from what the ADO in the Chicago area has told us, that this guy Richardson running relay differently with scheduled cut times and such will help the service. He never said anything about a COO, or relocating drivers, but did mention more direct loading when possible.
But how can we go from around 40,000 bills a day to 100,000+ with the same amount of Drivers, Equipment, and the Linehaul system set up the way it is? I don't know the answers to all this but I do understand the limitatations we now have in the system. And direct loading will not be the cure all for everything. I'll hold judgement until they roll out the program and we can then see what management has in mind.

But how can we go from around 40,000 bills a day to 100,000+ with the same amount of Drivers, Equipment, and the Linehaul system set up the way it is? I don't know the answers to all this but I do understand the limitatations we now have in the system. And direct loading will not be the cure all for everything. I'll hold judgement until they roll out the program and we can then see what management has in mind.
could they be about to slowly take on amazons ups business alittle at a time,as they hire and can handle more and more,with that statement that would be the only thing that would make sense,amazon bought a stake in the airplane leasing company before announcing the contract with the leasing company,this would make sense then!!

Honestly. Do you think any management person with any smarts at all would make a statement like that? (100,000, plus, bills per day) ? I think more like someone on here not having a clue as to what the daily bill count is now makes statements like that. It is not going to happen...

We were told in a sales meeting with this roll out of the accelerated service, Yrcf has plans to eventually push the network to 120,000+ bills per day. Obviously not overnight, but apparently they have intentions to mirror Conway and Fedx frt. I guess this is the fruit of the execs they hired from those 2 companies. I have serious doubts about their ability to pull it off.
Did you ask them what they were smoking prior to that meeting ???? Maybe some old printed out emails from the Zollars days .....

Bill count and Driver count ??? just a Question here ,but how can yrc increase bill count when they can't increase the Driver count to move the new extra freight ??:ambivalence:

Yea,we just had a kick off meeting today for the accelerated program and our sales lady,in charge of the state,said 3000 bills a day was the goal and that company wide there was 180 accelerated shipments Monday

The chances of Con-Way merging with anti- union carrier is somewhere between are you serious? & where is my jug of Farrell Wine?
My mistake. I should have left out anti. In other words, According to my sources, Con-Way is going to purchase ABF Freight & assume all the related costs of Pension Fund Payment Liabilities. Now,where is that dam sign for the bridge I want to sell. von.

My mistake. I should have left out anti. In other words, According to my sources, Con-Way is going to purchase ABF Freight & assume all the related costs of Pension Fund Payment Liabilities. Now,where is that dam sign for the bridge I want to sell. von.
Thanks for taking the anti out of your statement. I was thinking I had some bad coffee here this morning. The ABF thingie, well anything would not surprise me at the rate and conversations about the fund drying up so fast. However I think ABF would do the buying and then go non union. GOD I HOPE NOT. I better go change this coffee out. :coffee1:. second thought I will just drink the wine I got for you.

Thanks for taking the anti out of your statement. I was thinking I had some bad coffee here this morning. The ABF thingie, well anything would not surprise me at the rate and conversations about the fund drying up so fast. However I think ABF would do the buying and then go non union. GOD I HOPE NOT. I better go change this coffee out. :coffee1:. second thought I will just drink the wine I got for you.

Never thought of that but it makes sense. Their problem is withdrawing from the pension fund under current regulations. If they can do that then it is just a matter of time. Elected officials in Washington change all the time, so not why the current regs changing with new politicians?

Good luck finding new bodies to work in this crap hole of a company. Maybe if they treated us like adults and not whipping boys and girls, then I may encourage a few poeple to apply.

Another though Guys, If they increase the bill count then that would mean more frt going to PTS? None of the frt in this new program is going on the rail so I guess that means more non-Union sleeper team brokers moving this freight?