Estes | Friend recently fired from Big E

A friend of mine,that I have known for many years was recently terminated in Norfolk Va.This is a man of honesty,integrity,and good work history to the best of my knowledge.He was called in regarding damage to a new truck that he was assigned to.It seems a bracket holding the corner of a bumper had came loose and dropped down,with minimal to no damage done to truck.Raise the bumper and tighten the bracket.My friend told the tm and regional safety director,he had no knowledge of what led to the piece coming loose,which I believe to be the truth.With something this minor,im sure my friend would have told someone,if he knew about it,because it certainly would not have warranted a termination.While my friend was in the tm,s office on a call with the safety director,the tm told the safety director,"it looks like he hit something with the truck".When my friend replied to the director,he didn't know how it happened,the director,s reply was,"I dont believe you".Knowing this man the way I do,I certainly think he is telling the truth.He even had other people at the terminal tell him,they cant believe he got terminated for that.Some may wonder,whats the rest of the story?.Well,this is the story to the best of my knowledge...Would calling home office and telling his story do any good??This is not a whiny,pouting,big mouth.This is a good worker and a company man.I cant believe E would treat someone this way.Sounds so fishy.Maybe a man Hunt? Your is the only company i would have even considered to be the same hemisphere as the one I work for, I am so disappointed in them. Is there any thing he or you guys can do?
That is why you join the union that would have never been brought up let alone fired are you kidding me. That man is all by himself nobody to help.