XPO | Furlough Coming Monday Morning

Yep. That’s why I said you need to think this through. Very hard.
Well I thought long and hard and read the contract. I chose to take a volunteer furlough. My life insurance was paid through direct deposit and I needed to continue these payments on my own. I went on my portal to get the information and it said I was blocked. I contacted IT and they told me that I signed a voluntary furlough and I no longer had access to XPO‘s portal. I took a one month furlough, I will definitely let you know what happens when it’s time for me to go back. Nothing I can do about it now except enjoy my one month off. FYI I have about five months worth of work to do around the house, so I’m not technically enjoying it LOL

Well I thought long and hard and read the contract. I chose to take a volunteer furlough. My life insurance was paid through direct deposit and I needed to continue these payments on my own. I went on my portal to get the information and it said I was blocked. I contacted IT and they told me that I signed a voluntary furlough and I no longer had access to XPO‘s portal. I took a one month furlough, I will definitely let you know what happens when it’s time for me to go back. Nothing I can do about it now except enjoy my one month off. FYI I have about five months worth of work to do around the house, so I’m not technically enjoying it LOL
Blocked? That’s gotta make u feel warm and fuzzy all over

If we didn't have volunteers to take furloughs I would have been forced to, and I have 10 years with the company. It got bad here quick, the majority of business in my area is based around automotive industry
It got bad everywhere, I’m fortunate enough to have good seniority. I ate ::shit:: for many years with different companies, it sucks but nobody could have predicted this virus....

These states that are keeping things closed are gonna destroy our country. If they wait for a cure for Coronavirus, it may never come. How long are they prepared to keep things closed in the name of keeping people safe?
I've worked throughout this whole ordeal. Six days a week. Aside from the automotive industry , mall-type retailers , and education related institutions , and dine-in restaurants , everything is open for the most part.

There are dentists offices , sports teams , antique shops , beauty and barber shops shut down. But dealing with LTL freight , these type of businesses don't count for a large amount of work ( in my area at least )

Once we do get an organized response to this virus and we do put the worst of it behind us , some things will be changed forever.

Brick and mortar stores like J.C. Penny and Macy's may never return to their former status. Working from home and attending school from home will have a new legitimacy.

Will these changes increase the need for LTL or will demand fall for Less-than-truckload? The person with the correct answer will prosper.

I've worked throughout this whole ordeal. Six days a week. Aside from the automotive industry , mall-type retailers , and education related institutions , and dine-in restaurants , everything is open for the most part.

There are dentists offices , sports teams , antique shops , beauty and barber shops shut down. But dealing with LTL freight , these type of businesses don't count for a large amount of work ( in my area at least )

Once we do get an organized response to this virus and we do put the worst of it behind us , some things will be changed forever.

Brick and mortar stores like J.C. Penny and Macy's may never return to their former status. Working from home and attending school from home will have a new legitimacy.

Will these changes increase the need for LTL or will demand fall for Less-than-truckload? The person with the correct answer will prosper.
Only take out or curb side pick up in Pennsylvania with all eateries....

Only take out or curb side pick up in Pennsylvania with all eateries....

In Jersey we have the beaches opening, fo now just walking or fishing. Around mid June you will be able to sit on them. State and most count parks are open for walking, hiking- no playgrounds or benches. On 5/18 all stores can open for curbside pick up like the food joints.