FedEx Freight | Fx Express walked away from the USPS contract.

If they were making good money with it, rest assured that FX wouldn't have let it go.
If they were making good money with it, rest assured that FX wouldn't have let it go.

The way I see it, it's pretty sad a ceo can run a company in the ground, and keep his job or fly away with a golden parachute. Race to the bottom continues. Wouldn't be surprised if ground and express were sold to Amazon

The way I see it, it's pretty sad a ceo can run a company in the ground, and keep his job or fly away with a golden parachute. Race to the bottom continues. Wouldn't be surprised if ground and express were sold to Amazon.
You got that right? Something feels really off this past couple of years with this corporation. Almost like they’re trying to fail. 🤷‍♂️

They're not trying to fail. I'm sure they have a lomg sighted plan that will be extremely profitable in the future.
I personally think they're chopping everything that isn't super lucrative, at the same time downsizing. Reduction in workforce goes with that, which increases profits.
I believe they want to be smaller, but relatively more profitable. Obviously this ain't good for those in the trenches getting the axe, but make no mistake, none of this is a fvck up, it's all by design, and is not a last minute decision. Fx, for better or worse, is not stupid.

They're not trying to fail. I'm sure they have a lomg sighted plan that will be extremely profitable in the future.
I personally think they're chopping everything that isn't super lucrative, at the same time downsizing. Reduction in workforce goes with that, which increases profits.
I believe they want to be smaller, but relatively more profitable. Obviously this ain't good for those in the trenches getting the axe, but make no mistake, none of this is a fvck up, it's all by design, and is not a last minute decision. Fx, for better or worse, is not stupid.
Sure that sounds good, but how much did they trim off the stock after this decision? Shareholders probably pissed and that's not good.

Fair enough, which makes me really question if I want to continue to be employed with this corporation.

Sure that sounds good, but how much did they trim off the stock after this decision? Shareholders probably pissed and that's not good.
They're down about 2% since the decision, but the market itself has been down recently.
At any rate, Fx isn't in the least concerned about what happens to the stock in a 5 day period.
Trust me, I'm not defending them, I'm just looking at it like a global conglomerate would. Fx plays the long game. The moves they're currently making may not yield results for 5 years or more, and they're at ease with that.

Asset light “er”???… :1036316054:

This, from the pilot's union:

"With each new announcement, FedEx management continues to threaten every FedEx employee's job security and quality of life," said the Air Line Pilots Association International (ALPA), the union representing FedEx pilots.

"FedEx continues to spend billions in stock buybacks while simultaneously announcing layoffs of employees who have helped build it into the brand it is today," ALPA added."

Maybe they should have let Freight drivers join forces with them, when we asked. Would have been a win/win in terms of leverage.

Since they looked down their noses in declining, I have little or no sympathy for them.

:smilie93c peelout:

This, from the pilot's union:

"With each new announcement, FedEx management continues to threaten every FedEx employee's job security and quality of life," said the Air Line Pilots Association International (ALPA), the union representing FedEx pilots.

"FedEx continues to spend billions in stock buybacks while simultaneously announcing layoffs of employees who have helped build it into the brand it is today," ALPA added."

Maybe they should have let Freight drivers join forces with them, when we asked. Would have been a win/win in terms of leverage.

Since they looked down their noses in declining, I have little or no sympathy for them.

:smilie93c peelout:
True that. But then again, I doubt the majority would have been smart enough to have joined them even if they had offered.

They're down about 2% since the decision, but the market itself has been down recently.
At any rate, Fx isn't in the least concerned about what happens to the stock in a 5 day period.
Trust me, I'm not defending them, I'm just looking at it like a global conglomerate would. Fx plays the long game. The moves they're currently making may not yield results for 5 years or more, and they're at ease with that.
We shall see. IMO this company will not exist as fed ex in 5 years.