FedEx Freight | FXF Inc. Health benefits package

fedex_employee

TB Lurker
Credits
Has anyone seen the new prices for the medical, dental and vision plans? I see that even though the prices didn't go down(my OAP Premiere is very expensive), they really did not increase much either. I will be paying 2 dollars more for the same coverage I have now with some decent increases(actually very impressive IMO and no i am not management)of other coverages.

I wonder if the East will have the same package as us here in the west for next year? I did the FXFE calculator on the intranet for the 2008 plan year, and with an equal amount of coverage as i have now, it seems you all will be seeing a price decrease for the top plans.

Has anyone seen the new prices for the medical, dental and vision plans? I see that even though the prices didn't go down(my OAP Premiere is very expensive), they really did not increase much either. I will be paying 2 dollars more for the same coverage I have now with some decent increases(actually very impressive IMO and no i am not management)of other coverages.

I wonder if the East will have the same package as us here in the west for next year? I did the FXFE calculator on the intranet for the 2008 plan year, and with an equal amount of coverage as i have now, it seems you all will be seeing a price decrease for the top plans.
i don't know what your looking at but i opened the mail and theres a price increase,for east drivers and it looks like we are taking it in the rear again with no lube, you will all see what i mean when you get the plans in the mail,i think its just rediculous that we are going to have to pay a percentage of everything,you have surgery you have to pay 10% of your bill no more copay on mri,pet scans,and all that good stuff its going to be 90/10 on most everything,which really stinks:nutkick:

There is no East or West after 12/31, only FXF Inc, FXF System and FXF National and they will all have the same options.. Only difference is CA employees have some choices other states don't. IMO the choices are not as good as what East/System had in the past.

This sucks,my Ins for family will be $50.54 wk.FXFN for the same thing is $36.69 wk Why do freight people have to pay more for same coverage.All I can say is CIGNA SUCKS.they wont pay for sh_t, but they still take your money $2628.08 per year for health ,dental, vision is more than our raises will keep up with.the drug plan has a min charge of 5.00 on generic when you can get it at wal mart for 4.00 what good is that?:ranting2:

This sucks,my Ins for family will be $50.54 wk.FXFN for the same thing is $36.69 wk Why do freight people have to pay more for same coverage.All I can say is CIGNA SUCKS.they wont pay for sh_t, but they still take your money $2628.08 per year for health ,dental, vision is more than our raises will keep up with.the drug plan has a min charge of 5.00 on generic when you can get it at wal mart for 4.00 what good is that?:ranting2:

Cigna does not pay anything.. FEDEX pays all the bills.. Cigna only administers it.. You can always appeal any decision Cigna makes, I have appealed mulitple times and always won.. If you lose, you can appeal directly to Fedex in HRO, they have the final say. I will agree with you on the prescriptions.. I get most of mine at walmart or Canada..

i don't know what your looking at but i opened the mail and theres a price increase,for east drivers and it looks like we are taking it in the rear again with no lube, you will all see what i mean when you get the plans in the mail,i think its just rediculous that we are going to have to pay a percentage of everything,you have surgery you have to pay 10% of your bill no more copay on mri,pet scans,and all that good stuff its going to be 90/10 on most everything,which really stinks:nutkick:

For your insurance with all the top level coverage, is it still over 43 a week?

does anyone know if u dont get this ins do you still get short term and long term disability coverage

Thats what I was wondering. Why do we just get a flyer outlining major points? What ever happened to the summary plan description books we used to get. Everything used to be written in black and white, we knew what the coverage was. If you were not sure, you could consult the book and check for yourself. Now if Cigna says it is not covered, you have no way of verifying it, and have to take them at their word.

For your insurance with all the top level coverage, is it still over 43 a week?

Yes...43.85 for top plan for east drivers, only $30 for National drivers. They make more on the hour and now pay less than we do for healthcare...what's up with that?

If you take top medical, dental, and vision plan total cost will be $50.54/wk for freight.

Thats what I was wondering. Why do we just get a flyer outlining major points? What ever happened to the summary plan description books we used to get. Everything used to be written in black and white, we knew what the coverage was. If you were not sure, you could consult the book and check for yourself. Now if Cigna says it is not covered, you have no way of verifying it, and have to take them at their word.

My wife called cigna,they said fxfe should hand out the books.:mad: Like that will happen .

I don't want to sound like management, but I give that Cigna PPO an 8 out of 10. I give our company a 2 out of 10 as far as prices go, but that for a different thread. I use my Cigna A LOT and they have only denied 1 claim(cigna dental ppo). I am going to continue to fight that. I love never needing a referral for anything.

Yes...43.85 for top plan for east drivers, only $30 for National drivers. They make more on the hour and now pay less than we do for healthcare...what's up with that?

If you take top medical, dental, and vision plan total cost will be $50.54/wk for freight.

Cause we're Special...................NOT

IMHO I thing Freight Drivers are all going to become dock workers, and National is going to move the freight. @ 2 drivers per cab, you can move the same freight at MUCH lower cost.